Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Obama pulling back into lead 
    Eyelids
    The economy has been a stake through McCain's heart.

On the strength of an abundance of state and national polling, Barack Obama has retaken the lead in our Electoral College projection. Our model now forecasts him to win the election 61.2 percent of the time; it also gives him a slight, half-point advantage in the popular vote. Yesterday, Obama was projected to win the Electoral College just 45 percent of the time, so this is a rather dramatic move upward.
    Indiana is probably a tie right now, it's bouncing between Obama +3 and McCain +3 nearly poll-to-poll.

The real tale will come at 2 PM ET when Gallup releases its daily tracking poll, if Obama builds on his already legit margin there its sending a pretty obvious message. What genuinely shocks me is how quickly Obama is transitioning a national lead into victories in state polling (IN is now up for grabs), it might be that Obama has better ground people or Palin's eroding favorability numbers are being slammed up against the wall.

Eyelids
    You know McCain's little run for a week or so there is a good thing, because most of you can't say polls are worthless anymore.

Gallup is already out 49-44

I am not worried - Obama looks horrible on the economy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

Indiana is probably a tie right now, it's bouncing between Obama +3 and McCain +3 nearly poll-to-poll.

The real tale will come at 2 PM ET when Gallup releases its daily tracking poll, if Obama builds on his already legit margin there its sending a pretty obvious message. What genuinely shocks me is how quickly Obama is transitioning a national lead into victories in state polling (IN is now up for grabs), it might be that Obama has better ground people or Palin's eroding favorability numbers are being slammed up against the wall.
    Dream on sucker. McCain is going to win PA & NJ and the race will be over. FYI, I don't believe the polls whomever they favor.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Gallup is already out 49-44

I am not worried - Obama looks horrible on the economy.
    Consider Sarah Palin irrelevant now. Thank god.

And voters perception of McCain is George Bush III, and since many people think George Bush II got us into this mess I doubt the rest of the country shares your views. What you, throughout your many years of laying around doing nothing, have failed to realize is it doesn't matter who is right and wrong... its how many people you can convince.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    FYI, I don't believe the polls whomever they favor.
    You weren't saying that when McCain was ahead. However briefly that was.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

Dream on boy .It's over, he's toast !The balloons have all deflated and America can see him as he really is .

A Commie,American hating,lefty,Over Educated,Thugish street punk from the Chicago slums with an equally Anti-American over privileged whining wife .

Catholics and Jews are leaving obama like crazy. All bets are off.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Catholics and Jews are leaving obama like crazy. All bets are off.
    I think Hispanics make up most of hte Catholics in this country and they support Obama about 60-40. America is like 1% Jewish, and most of them live in the north side of Chicago.

As Barack Obama and John McCain battle for the Hispanic vote, a leading Latino backer of Hillary Clinton is crossing party lines to support the Republican presidential nominee.

In an interview Thursday, Miguel D. Lausell, a Puerto Rican businessman and longtime Democratic activist and fund-raiser, came out for Sen. McCain. While he said he doesn't agree with all the policy positions of the Republican candidate and his running mate, Sarah Palin, Mr. Lausell added: "I find McCain to be a sound person and a man with a track record. I know where he is coming from." Mr. Lausell had been a major backer of Bill Clinton and served as a senior political adviser to Sen. Clinton's unsuccessful bid this year for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Mr. Lausell said he feels Sen. Obama "doesn't really regard the Hispanic community as important."
    Lots of people are going to listen to him.

One year ago:

9/19/2007
    Clinton Campaign Welcomes Miguel D. Lausell as a Senior Political Advisor

Washington DC The Clinton Campaign today announced that Miguel D. Lausell will serve as a Senior Political Advisor to the campaign on a variety of issues including international trade, telecommunications, and Latino affairs.

As a leader in the Puerto Rican community, Miguel D. Lausell has a background in international trade, environmental issues and telecommunications.

Mr. Lausell has served in many capacities including President and CEO of the Puerto Rico Telephone Company; Executive Director of the Puerto Rico Telephone Authority; a member of the Governor of Puerto Rico's Economic Strategic Council; President of the Export Policy Commission of Puerto Rico; and Undersecretary of the Department of the Treasury of Puerto Rico. He also has served as Chairman of PonceBank, a multi-billion dollar institution in Puerto Rico.

In addition, Mr. Lausell serves on various boards and committees, including the Export Policy Commission of the Economic Development Council of Puerto Rico, the National Business and Industry Advisory Council of the Emergency Broadcast System, the United States Telephone Association, and formerly the Conservation Trust of Puerto Rico. Mr. Lausell was also the first Hispanic to serve on the Board of Directors of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.

Active in national and local politics, Mr. Lausell served on the National Finance Board of the Gore 2000 Committee and served as a member of the Democratic National Committee's Leadership 2000 Board.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.