Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow! I had been following the neo-atheist implosion after the elevator incident and was highly amused. Now I'm laughing uproariously! Their community handled that situation -- as well as the overall issue behind it -- very, very poorly and they are now paying the price. Women are starting to avoid their gatherings like the plague. Even their own female superstars!

Ironically, had this incident happened to a Christian woman at a Christian convention, the neo-atheists would've been all over it in a heartbeat and condemning Christians left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Wow! I had been following the neo-atheist implosion after the elevator incident and was highly amused. Now I'm laughing uproariously! Their community handled that situation -- as well as the overall issue behind it -- very, very poorly and they are now paying the price. Women are starting to avoid their gatherings like the plague. Even their own female superstars!

Ironically, had this incident happened to a Christian woman at a Christian convention, the neo-atheists would've been all over it in a heartbeat and condemning Christians left and right.
    God Bless the Promise Keepers!

Yes you're right, the accusations of hypocrisy would have abounded! ...which is weird because atheists tell us that you don't need a higher power to be moral. Life is so confusing.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I pointed that out in the post you just quoted.
    Yeah, your apology virtually drips with realism. I tried to get you to see the error of your post but you failed. I suggest a real and heartfelt apology is in order. Perhaps a large slice of humble pie to boot.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Yeah, your apology virtually drips with realism. I tried to get you to see the error of your post but you failed. I suggest a real and heartfelt apology is in order. Perhaps a large slice of humble pie to boot.
    My apology virtually drips with realism, huh? Well it was real. I re-read it and got the lines mixed up. Forgive me I am only human.

And I can't speak for everyone, but it is possible to have a moral code without having religious beliefs.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    My apology virtually drips with realism, huh? Well it was real. I re-read it and got the lines mixed up. Forgive me I am only human.

And I can't speak for everyone, but it is possible to have a moral code without having religious beliefs.
    It's possible, yes. Possible vs probable is how a great city grew up in the middle of a desert.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand