Hybrid View

1. #1 Marine Doing 1 Million Push-Ups to Raise Money for Wounded Warriors Gets Challenged 
    Link
    Marine Doing 1 Million Push-Ups to Raise Money for Wounded Warriors Gets Challenged to “Push-Off” Against Country Star Craig Morgan

A lot of Americans start their day with a set of push-ups, but one Marine is going above and beyond for an organization called the Wounded Warrior Project. Sgt. Enrique Trevino will not stop doing push-ups until he makes it to a total of one million in one year. We’re exhausted just thinking about that.

Earlier this morning, Sgt. Trevino joined Fox and Friends to describe why he decided to set this huge goal … one that started as his New Year’s resolution. At first he tried to make the goal to do one million pushups in four months, but when he realized that was a little too zealous of a goal, he decided to change his time frame to one year.

When Trevino broke down the numbers, it ended up being an average of 2,372 push-ups a day that he’d need to hit the million mark. After a week into his goal, he decided that instead of just benefiting himself with the exercise, he wanted to give back to his brothers and sisters in the armed forces by raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project.

He is trying to raise at least $40,000 for wounded soldiers through donations; so far he’s made it to $25,798. As of last night, Trevino has done 531,025 push-ups.

As a surprise, Steve Doocy challenged Trevino to go up against country star & retired vet Craig Morgan in a “push-off.”
    God Bless Sgt. Trevino in this. That's a LOT of push ups.

There's a video of the FnF show at the link.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

2,300 a day is doable. But if you miss a day now you have to knock out 4,600 the next day. :eek:

Good luck dude.

I think Ody should relieve him for a week.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    2,300 a day is doable. But if you miss a day now you have to knock out 4,600 the next day. :eek:
    2,300 per day is not doable, especially if you do it for several days in a row. He'd have to do just shy of 100 push-ups per hour, 24/7. If he can do sets of 100, he'd have to double up just to be able to sleep. I'm not sure that his plan is possible, given the numbers.

I think Ody should relieve him for a week.
    Twenty years ago, at my absolute peak of physical condition, the most push-ups that I ever did in one set was 82. Given one set every half hour, with a diminishing number of reps per set, I'd probably have been able to get through 300-400 in a day, but I'd have needed another day to recover. Come to think of it, he's going to have one helluva burn going after the first couple of days.

If this Marine is able to maintain the numbers necessary to meet his goal, then we should take some of the money that he raises and see if we can find any other survivors of Krypton, so that he isn't completely alone.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    2,300 per day is not doable <snip>
    I rounded down from 2,372 in the article but even that figure is wrong.

1,000,000/366 = 2,732 per day that he actually has to do.

So far he has knocked out 531,025 in 194 days (Jan 1 through July 12). That's 2,737 per day. It looks like he's going to make it. If you want to bet against him the rest of the way, I will take that bet.
    Be Not Afraid.

I rounded down from 2,372 in the article but even that figure is wrong.

1,000,000/366 = 2,732 per day that he actually has to do.

So far he has knocked out 531,025 in 194 days (Jan 1 through July 12). That's 2,737 per day. It looks like he's going to make it. If you want to bet against him the rest of the way, I will take that bet.
    No thanks. I'm amazed that he can do it, or that anyone can. I do stand behind my previous comment about him being from Krypton, however.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!