Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 More than 20 People Faint During Obama Speech 
    The pool report on President Obama's trip to Roanoke, Virginia says that more than 20 people fainted during the president's speech this evening.

"TV viewers may have heard POTUS pointed out a couple of faintings during the rally in downtown Roanoke," writes the pool report. "In fact, fire officials say more than 20 people fell out during the course of the speech. There were waves of exclamation as one person after another swooned."

Paramedics treated 21 people on the scene and took one to the hospital, according to the Roanoke fire department.

It was warm out and the crowd of 3,000-plus was packed tightly into the 4-block area, the deputy fire marshal said by way of explanation. Volunteers passed around cups of water but some people didn't take them, he said.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ch_648555.html

They drank the koolaid!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Volunteers passed around cups of water but some people didn't take them, he said.
    How'd that work out for you? Weren't there people who fainted in '08, as if Obama was a rock star? I seem to remember something about that.

Here's a video about it.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

I personally don't think there's any coincidence that Jesus places the righteous to his right and the unrighteous to his left.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The pool report on President Obama's trip to Roanoke, Virginia says that more than 20 people fainted during the president's speech this evening.
    Wow! Maybe Obama finally told them the truth about how much the personal mandate is going to cost them.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often at other political rallies. It doesn't really have much to do with the person speaking and more with standing up in a claustrophobia-inducing crowd for hours at a time. I've seen people have panic attacks at events like these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

More than 20 People Faint During Obama Speech
    Reports of more than 2000 projectile vomiting cases mysteriously go unreported.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    How'd that work out for you? Weren't there people who fainted in '08, as if Obama was a rock star? I seem to remember something about that.

Here's a video about it.

Another anti-Florida Story!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often at other political rallies. It doesn't really have much to do with the person speaking and more with standing up in a claustrophobia-inducing crowd for hours at a time. I've seen people have panic attacks at events like these.
    Actually, it's a function of bad planning. I've had to plan movements for hundreds, sometimes thousands of people at a time, and I've never had someone come down with a heat injury. When you have that many people in an enclosed area in hot weather, you ensure that you have water on hand, ensure ventilation, arrange for rotations of people in and out of cooling areas, and a host of other ways of mitigating the effects of heat and crowding. When people start passing out, it's a sign that the planners didn't do their jobs.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Hot weather, crowds and not enough water is never a good combination. But I avoid crowds unless it's necessary to endure them.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Actually, it's a function of bad planning. I've had to plan movements for hundreds, sometimes thousands of people at a time, and I've never had someone come down with a heat injury. When you have that many people in an enclosed area in hot weather, you ensure that you have water on hand, ensure ventilation, arrange for rotations of people in and out of cooling areas, and a host of other ways of mitigating the effects of heat and crowding. When people start passing out, it's a sign that the planners didn't do their jobs.
    I know what you mean. I too have had hundreds of troops out on parade grounds all day. Not a single fall out or issue. The troops are told to pre-hydrate and we kept an eye on them. Water was available throughout. Sitting in a shaded arena and listening to a devout Marxist would give me nausea and vomiting, but it wouldn't be due to heat.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand