1. #1 Feds OK Florida's access to citizens list, Scott declares 'victory' for voters 
    Link
    Florida GOP Gov. Rick Scott on Saturday lauded the Obama administration's new announcement that gives the state access to a federal database, but he also called the standoff-ending decision a "significant victory" for Florida.

The Department of Homeland Security reportedly informed Scott this weekend that Florida would have access to the agengy's Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements database.

The database, known as SAVE, is a list of resident non-citizens maintained by the agency and would help the state to challenge people's right to vote if they are suspected of not being U.S. citizens.

The Obama administration had for months denied Florida's request but relented after a judge ruled in the state's favor in a related voter-purge matter.

"Access to the SAVE database will ensure that non-citizens do not vote in future Florida elections," the governor said. "I'm appreciative that the federal government is working with us cooperatively… This commitment from the United States Department of Homeland Security marks a significant victory for Florida and for the integrity of our election system".
    More at link.

I bet the DUmmies are happy about this!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

You can sure tell it's getting near election time.

It wouldn't surprise me to see obama try and patch up differences with Arizona.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post

I'm sure Sheriff Joe will be waiting with a cake....

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I'm sure Sheriff Joe will be waiting with a cake....

And I'll bet he lets obama have the first slice and passes on one for himself.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg