Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Biggest market surge ever? 
    We are watching it right now.

Maybe the world is not ending after all?
    NEW YORK (AP) - Wall Street extended a huge rally Friday as investors stormed back into the market, relieved that the government plans to rescue banks from billions of dollars in bad debt. The Dow Jones industrials rose more than 375 points, giving them a massive gain of more than 785 points over two days, and Treasurys fell as money flowed into equities.

A new ban on short selling, or placing bets that a stock will fall, was likely adding to the market's gains.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    **** Obama and **** you too.

I'm still skeptical. We will see what happens by the end of the year once a bunch more of these failed banks tank.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

It's somewhat ironic to me that something so symbolic of the free market as the stock market, gets one of its biggest rallies in response to serious and heavy government intervention in private companies. This isn't the bottom until all the dirty laundry is out there. It's the government trying to put a bandaid on the problem.

Banned
    This is nothing but a huge short squeeze... thanx to the ban on short selling financials.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    It's somewhat ironic to me that something so symbolic of the free market as the stock market, gets one of its biggest rallies in response to serious and heavy government intervention in private companies. This isn't the bottom until all the dirty laundry is out there. It's the government trying to put a bandaid on the problem.
    LOL....Bingo!
    And if it keeps going this way, what will it mean to call it a "free market" when the fed gov owns every major company on the board.....
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Oh Boy! We get to pay $7,142.85 so the stock market won't tank! Money we'll never see again and have no control over. Yippie!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    First, remember it's 375 points on a 10000+ market, so the percentage rise is less than 3.75%. Secondly, the surge is because, and only because, of the government has promised your money to write off bad decisions made by "Masters of the Universe," many of whom have taken their profits, bonuses, etc. and are laughing their way to the bank (ain't capitalism wonderful).

Finally, note that nothing that has been done today has corrected any problems; it has merely put silly putty over them so you can't see them very clearly. For example, yesterday's loan to AIG of $85B with an interest rate of approximately 11.5% over 24 months. Can anyone calculate the monthly payback rate? If so, compare it to AIG's previous monthly profits.

Don't worry, be happy. The profit takers are sucking off of the government infusion of money and, after that, we'll all be in the same situation, but without the money the government has infused, because that will have been "redistributed."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    First, remember it's 375 points on a 10000+ market, so the percentage rise is less than 3.75%. Secondly, the surge is because, and only because, of the government has promised your money to write off bad decisions made by "Masters of the Universe," many of whom have taken their profits, bonuses, etc. and are laughing their way to the bank (ain't capitalism wonderful).

Finally, note that nothing that has been done today has corrected any problems; it has merely put silly putty over them so you can't see them very clearly. For example, yesterday's loan to AIG of $85B with an interest rate of approximately 11.5% over 24 months. Can anyone calculate the monthly payback rate? If so, compare it to AIG's previous monthly profits.

Don't worry, be happy. The profit takers are sucking off of the government infusion of money and, after that, we'll all be in the same situation, but without the money the government has infused, because that will have been "redistributed."
    It's Herbert Hoover all over again ain't it. Have we learned nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    . (ain't capitalism wonderful).
    It is indeed wonderful. We can film the hanging of the CEOs involved and charge on pay per view for the multitudes to watch it. It will bring in millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    It is indeed wonderful. We can film the hanging of the CEOs involved and charge on pay per view for the multitudes to watch it. It will bring in millions.
    I hope you don't really think what we have is capitalism as it was intended. It seems that it's government collusion with the market that has allowed so many CEO's to get away with this crime.

I would of course like to see them hung beside the members of our fed who allowed this.;)