Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gator
    The market is still down about 40 points from last week. To recoup the almost thousand points we lost during the week the Feds put us into debt by a trillion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    ...many of whom have taken their profits, bonuses, etc. and are laughing their way to the bank.
    And I'm sure it's an off shore or Swiss bank. I don't think even they would trust the ones in this country now. :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    And I'm sure it's an off shore or Swiss bank. I don't think even they would trust the ones in this country now. :)
    I certainly wouldn't, nor would I trust a Swiss bank. I'd go to Abu Dhabi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    The market is still down about 40 points from last week. To recoup the almost thousand points we lost during the week the Feds put us into debt by a trillion dollars.
    Be happy, Gator. Most of the people around here won't acknowledge the least bit of a problem if there's the possibility some part of the responsibility might fall upon their beloved Republicans.

After all, it's all Jimmy's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    the Feds put us into debt by a trillion dollars.
    Where are you getting that number?
    Be Not Afraid.

Be happy, Gator. Most of the people around here won't acknowledge the least bit of a problem if there's the possibility some part of the responsibility might fall upon their beloved Republicans.

After all, it's all Jimmy's fault.
    The more I read about it, the more I lay it on the Dems. It's becoming clearer.
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The more I read about it, the more I lay it on the Dems. It's becoming clearer.
    Oh come on JB. Who's been in charge for the last 8/6 years? Look at the issue date of the vast majority of the mortgages that are defaulting. When were they made?

I think there's blame enough to go all the way around. The true test for our country is if we can get beyond partisanship to properly address the issue.

Banned
    Oh come on JB. Who's been in charge for the last 8/6 years? Look at the issue date of the vast majority of the mortgages that are defaulting. When were they made?
    Alan Greenspan screwed the pooch and told Congress that those lending institutions did not need any new regulations or oversight when he was Fed Chairman. Everything was okie dokie. C. Cox head should roll also. Heavens to Betsy, I won't leave Bushy and the dumb ass Democ. and Repubs. out in Congress either. They were all asleep at the wheel. Looks like Fannie Mae lined C. Dodd and Obama pockets also. Must not leave them out either.

I'm just really starting to get into it because it's a failure of a system that I believe in. The system has checks and balances and they seem to have been circumvented. I'd like to get to the bottom of it via a 9/11 Commission type investigation. If the regulatory process needs overhauling, fine. If politicians or CEOs need to be criminally charged, then fine.

You have politicians handcuffing regulators and companies making loans that they'd never make if they were thinking clearly. Something (many things) broke down along the way. Unfortunately we got burned big time for it.
    Be Not Afraid.