Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11  
    gator
    Guest
    The market is still down about 40 points from last week. To recoup the almost thousand points we lost during the week the Feds put us into debt by a trillion dollars.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    ...many of whom have taken their profits, bonuses, etc. and are laughing their way to the bank.
    And I'm sure it's an off shore or Swiss bank. I don't think even they would trust the ones in this country now. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    And I'm sure it's an off shore or Swiss bank. I don't think even they would trust the ones in this country now. :)
    I certainly wouldn't, nor would I trust a Swiss bank. I'd go to Abu Dhabi.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    The market is still down about 40 points from last week. To recoup the almost thousand points we lost during the week the Feds put us into debt by a trillion dollars.
    Be happy, Gator. Most of the people around here won't acknowledge the least bit of a problem if there's the possibility some part of the responsibility might fall upon their beloved Republicans.

    After all, it's all Jimmy's fault.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,913
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    the Feds put us into debt by a trillion dollars.
    Where are you getting that number?
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Be happy, Gator. Most of the people around here won't acknowledge the least bit of a problem if there's the possibility some part of the responsibility might fall upon their beloved Republicans.

    After all, it's all Jimmy's fault.
    The more I read about it, the more I lay it on the Dems. It's becoming clearer.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The more I read about it, the more I lay it on the Dems. It's becoming clearer.
    Oh come on JB. Who's been in charge for the last 8/6 years? Look at the issue date of the vast majority of the mortgages that are defaulting. When were they made?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,618
    I think there's blame enough to go all the way around. The true test for our country is if we can get beyond partisanship to properly address the issue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Oh come on JB. Who's been in charge for the last 8/6 years? Look at the issue date of the vast majority of the mortgages that are defaulting. When were they made?
    Alan Greenspan screwed the pooch and told Congress that those lending institutions did not need any new regulations or oversight when he was Fed Chairman. Everything was okie dokie. C. Cox head should roll also. Heavens to Betsy, I won't leave Bushy and the dumb ass Democ. and Repubs. out in Congress either. They were all asleep at the wheel. Looks like Fannie Mae lined C. Dodd and Obama pockets also. Must not leave them out either.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Oh come on JB. Who's been in charge for the last 8/6 years? Look at the issue date of the vast majority of the mortgages that are defaulting. When were they made?
    I'm just really starting to get into it because it's a failure of a system that I believe in. The system has checks and balances and they seem to have been circumvented. I'd like to get to the bottom of it via a 9/11 Commission type investigation. If the regulatory process needs overhauling, fine. If politicians or CEOs need to be criminally charged, then fine.

    You have politicians handcuffing regulators and companies making loans that they'd never make if they were thinking clearly. Something (many things) broke down along the way. Unfortunately we got burned big time for it.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •