Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Calls to Destroy Egypt’s Great Pyramids Begin 
    According to several reports in the Arabic media, prominent Muslim clerics have begun to call for the demolition of Egypt’s Great Pyramids—or, in the words of Saudi Sheikh Ali bin Said al-Rabi‘i, those “symbols of paganism,” which Egypt’s Salafi party has long planned to cover with wax. Most recently, Bahrain’s “Sheikh of Sunni Sheikhs” and President of National Unity, Abd al-Latif al-Mahmoud, called on Egypt’s new president, Muhammad Morsi, to “destroy the Pyramids and accomplish what the Sahabi Amr bin al-As could not.”

This is a reference to the Muslim Prophet Muhammad’s companion, Amr bin al-As and his Arabian tribesmen, who invaded and conquered Egypt circa 641. Under al-As and subsequent Muslim rule, many Egyptian antiquities were destroyed as relics of infidelity. While most Western academics argue otherwise, according to early Muslim writers, the great Library of Alexandria itself—deemed a repository of pagan knowledge contradicting the Koran—was destroyed under bin al-As’s reign and in compliance with Caliph Omar’s command.

However, while book-burning was an easy activity in the 7th century, destroying the mountain-like pyramids and their guardian Sphinx was not—even if Egypt’s Medieval Mamluk rulers “de-nosed” the latter during target practice (though popular legend still attributes it to a Westerner, Napoleon).

Now, however, as Bahrain’s “Sheikh of Sheikhs” observes, and thanks to modern technology, the pyramids can be destroyed. The only question left is whether the Muslim Brotherhood president of Egypt is “pious” enough—if he is willing to complete the Islamization process that started under the hands of Egypt’s first Islamic conqueror.

Nor is such a course of action implausible. History is laden with examples of Muslims destroying their own pre-Islamic heritage—starting with Islam’s prophet Muhammad himself, who destroyed Arabia’s Ka‘ba temple, transforming it into a mosque.

Asking “What is it about Islam that so often turns its adherents against their own patrimony?” Daniel Pipes provides several examples, from Medieval Muslims in India destroying their forefathers’ temples, to contemporary Muslims destroying their non-Islamic heritage in Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Malaysia, and Tunisia.
    Read More >http://frontpagemag.com/2012/raymond...-the-pyramids/

Why those whacky peace loving muzzies!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I'm surprised no one see's the significance of this story.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

If they destroy the pyramids, they'll destroy the artifacts in the Egyptian Museum too. And, if Egypt ever becomes tourist friendly again, I'm sure millions will want to go there to see the rubble.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Muslims consider artifacts of pre-Islamic cultures to be the result of jahiliyya, which literally translates as "confusion", but refers to what the Ulema, or Muslim clerics/scholars consider a state of barbarism and ignorance of God's guidance. They have a vested interest in presenting the other as ignorant and barbaric, in order to advance Islam, and anything that might attest to the superiority of an earlier or current non-Islamic culture must be destroyed. We've seen this throughout history, and will continue to see it whenever Islam spreads to a new region. Imagine what a jahiliyya-sanitized version of a major American or Euopean city might be like, or better yet, just go to Istanbul and look at the pre-Islamic architecture of the Hagia Sophia, now the Grand Mosque. This, BTW, is why the al Aqsa Mosque was built over the ruins of Solomon's temple in Jerusalem and the various tombs of the Biblical Patriarchs are retroactively declared to have been mosques. The next time that you walk through an American museum of art, or science, or history, imagine what it will look like when the Muslim Brotherhood is done with it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

It is a shame we aren't discussing the dome of the rock a worship place for the dead culture of Islam, a failed political system and religion once the scourge of the earth now relegated to museums.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Muslims consider artifacts of pre-Islamic cultures to be the result of jahiliyya, which literally translates as "confusion", but refers to what the Ulema, or Muslim clerics/scholars consider a state of barbarism and ignorance of God's guidance. They have a vested interest in presenting the other as ignorant and barbaric, in order to advance Islam, and anything that might attest to the superiority of an earlier or current non-Islamic culture must be destroyed. We've seen this throughout history, and will continue to see it whenever Islam spreads to a new region. Imagine what a jahiliyya-sanitized version of a major American or Euopean city might be like, or better yet, just go to Istanbul and look at the pre-Islamic architecture of the Hagia Sophia, now the Grand Mosque. This, BTW, is why the al Aqsa Mosque was built over the ruins of Solomon's temple in Jerusalem and the various tombs of the Biblical Patriarchs are retroactively declared to have been mosques. The next time that you walk through an American museum of art, or science, or history, imagine what it will look like when the Muslim Brotherhood is done with it.

The first thing I think about if Islam spread to the states is this: A gun behind every blade of grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    The first thing I think about if Islam spread to the states is this: A gun behind every blade of grass.

Credit where credit is due: Admiral Yamamoto on the invasion of the US during WW II.

doc

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It is a shame we aren't discussing the dome of the rock a worship place for the dead culture of Islam, a failed political system and religion once the scourge of the earth now relegated to museums.
    I would love to see the Dome of the Rock, and seeing both the Haggia Sophia and the Blue Mosque in Istanbul were tremendous experiences for me. Losing the pyramids doesn't bear thinking about - it would be even worse than the Bamiyan Buddhas.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Credit where credit is due: Admiral Yamamoto on the invasion of the US during WW II.

doc
    I believe that quote is considered fabricated. No evidence exists that shows Adm Yamamoto said it.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I would love to see the Dome of the Rock, and seeing both the Haggia Sophia and the Blue Mosque in Istanbul were tremendous experiences for me. Losing the pyramids doesn't bear thinking about - it would be even worse than the Bamiyan Buddhas.
    I don't wish to witness the death of their artifacts, only the death of the cause of their mental illness.