Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't wish to witness the death of their artifacts, only the death of the cause of their mental illness.
    That's how I feel about it. Before I die, I want to see the pyramids and Egypt in general. Other than obvious reasons, I felt a deep sense of sadness that the bruthahood is going to be in charge. There's nothing good about it.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Credit where credit is due: Admiral Yamamoto on the invasion of the US during WW II.

doc

whoever said it spoke the truth....

The Arabs have their own museum in Dearborn-The Museum of Arab American History. It's in a former furniture store. But it's not an exclusively muslim museum, it's an Arab American museum. It looks cool from the outside, artistically speaking.

I figured it was just a matter of time before some loon decided the Pyramids were pagan. But if every spooky mummy movie I've ever seen is correct, they will unleash some sort of terrible curse upon themselves if they do destroy the pyramids...The Scorpion King, or some other horrible creature will kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I figured it was just a matter of time before some loon decided the Pyramids were pagan. But if every spooky mummy movie I've ever seen is correct, they will unleash some sort of terrible curse upon themselves if they do destroy the pyramids...The Scorpion King, or some other horrible creature will kill them all.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I would love to see the Dome of the Rock, and seeing both the Haggia Sophia and the Blue Mosque in Istanbul were tremendous experiences for me. Losing the pyramids doesn't bear thinking about - it would be even worse than the Bamiyan Buddhas.
    Frankly, I'd rather see the Temple of Solomon and know that the Palestinians weren't digging up the foundations and trashing the artifacts as part of their ongoing culture war.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The Arabs have their own museum in Dearborn-The Museum of Arab American History. It's in a former furniture store. But it's not an exclusively muslim museum, it's an Arab American museum. It looks cool from the outside, artistically speaking.

This has been an ongoing thing for a while. In their heart of heats, the Muslims know that their culture is stagnating, and they have difficulty reconciling it with the more advanced cultures that preceded them. That's part of the reason for their hair-trigger rage at anything that they see in the west that reminds them of it, or otherwise smacks of western condescension or accomplishment.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!