Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Big labor gives Obama, Democrats big cold shoulder 
    Link
    AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka said Thursday that his union will not be at the Democratic convention, “do[es] not intend to put any money into the convention” and will be hosting its own convention — without Obama.

Speaking in Washington, D.C., Trumka said the labor group “will not be doing extravagant events” at this year’s convention like “we’ve done in the past.”

Instead of giving money to the Obama campaign and Democrats they are focusing on their own event that rivals the Democratic convention. The event, called “Workers Stand for America” will be held on August 11 in Philadelphia.

“We will be having a bigger on the ground effort than we have ever had in the past” said Trumka. “This time around, unlike in past elections, we’ll be able to talk to non-union workers. So not only will we be educating, mobilizing, and getting out the vote of unions … we’ll also be talking to non-union workers”

When asked whether President Barack Obama or Mitt Romney had been invited to speak at the convention, AFL-CIO representatives appeared visibly uncomfortable and told reporters that they are “still working on the speakers … so no, we don’t have anything official. It’s about the workers — really, what the focus of the rally is.”

Trumka also vowed to be more aggressive with “friends and foes in the next election.”

“We’ll be forcing people,” he said. “We’ll be a little more aggressive with friends and foes in the next election when it comes to things like fair treatment and dignity on the job and the ability of workers to have a place that they call home. We’ll be a little more aggressive with those things and a little less, let’s say, understanding.”
    Video at link.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

In other words, they have a lot less cash to play with than they thought they would, thanks to sinking membership numbers, more right-to-work states, and a recent Supreme Court decision, on top of which Obamussolini failed to deliver the goods on card check. I'll bet Trumka and the rest of the head office didn't take any hit on compensation though.

The democratic party has not fought for working people. It's about time organized labor took a stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    In other words, they have a lot less cash to play with than they thought they would, thanks to sinking membership numbers, more right-to-work states, and a recent Supreme Court decision, on top of which Obamussolini failed to deliver the goods on card check. I'll bet Trumka and the rest of the head office didn't take any hit on compensation though.
    They dont have to come out for obama they know that the sheep that belong to their unions are in the bag for obama and tards like wewe will vote for him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    They dont have to come out for obama they know that the sheep that belong to their unions are in the bag for obama and tards like wewe will vote for him anyway.
    You are projecting. I've stated dozens of times that I don't intend to vore for Obama or support the Democrats.

Let's look at conservatives and the Republican party though. Every time I visit this site I see people proudly and openly stating that they'd vote for a shoe or they'd vote for a radish or they'd vote for a diaper as long as it had an R by it's name and it was running against Obama. You guys don't even try to hide it. You are so firmly in the bag for the Republican party that you don't even care who is running on the ticket. You will eagerly shift your hoverround into 3rd gear and speed over to the voting booth to vote for any damn person as long as they are Republican.

When you have people openly stating "I'd vote for anyone, even a bow-legged cactus, over Obama" That is called "being in the bag". You people wonder why the Republican party keeps nominating "RINOs". It's because they know damn well that 99% of you will do exactly what they want, regardless of who they nominate or what their policies are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    You are projecting. I've stated dozens of times that I don't intend to vore for Obama or support the Democrats.

Let's look at conservatives and the Republican party though. Every time I visit this site I see people proudly and openly stating that they'd vote for a shoe or they'd vote for a radish or they'd vote for a diaper as long as it had an R by it's name and it was running against Obama. You guys don't even try to hide it. You are so firmly in the bag for the Republican party that you don't even care who is running on the ticket. You will eagerly shift your hoverround into 3rd gear and speed over to the voting booth to vote for any damn person as long as they are Republican.

When you have people openly stating "I'd vote for anyone, even a bow-legged cactus, over Obama" That is called "being in the bag". You people wonder why the Republican party keeps nominating "RINOs". It's because they know damn well that 99% of you will do exactly what they want, regardless of who they nominate or what their policies are.
    That's pretty much true in my case- this time and last election.

I spent hours hunting for information about obama in 2008, and found next to nothing. I can't justifiably vote for somebody who, for all intents and purposes didn't exist prior to around 1996 and has nothing to back up his statements. I didn't like McCain, but at least I could find his records and votes on various issues.

Now, after 3 1/2 yrs in office, obama's past is pretty much confirmed. He appeared to be a masterful campaigner, running against a campaign that never got going, and has been a total disaster since winning the office. obama is incompetent, the most incompetent president maybe in history. At least Jimmy Carter must be smiling now. He's dropped to the second worst.

So, yes, I'd vote for our cat before I'd cast a vote for obama.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

The democratic party has not fought for working people. It's about time organized labor took a stand.
    Why do you find it wrong when corporations collude to fix prices, but consider it fine and dandy when labor cartels do the same thing?

I don't recall anyone here saying that the y would vote for a bow-legged cactus over Obama, although I'd be open to the idea if I knew the cactus' positions on taxes, defense and the role of government. The issue is not simply that we will vote for anything in lieu of Obama, it's that Obama has been so destructive that almost any biped who is qualifed to hold the office would be a better choice. That's not so much being in the bag as trying to get out of the hole that he's dug us in.

Now, don't you have some questions to answer in other threads?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Well, I think the UAW is picking up some of the slack. There is no way in hell tha t they aren't supporting Obama and the dems, considering their membership would currently be much lower without the bailout.

I'm already getting UAW election flyers in the mail, and the magazine and the local newsletters are already publishing pro-Obama columns.

If you'd shelve your love for yourself for two seconds, you'd get an education. You are missing the point. "WE" are not voting for anything with an R by its name as proof that we are in the bag for the GOP. WE are voting to get rid of that bastard Marxist in the WH. That is why we will join ranks and vote GOP. We are honest enough to admit that Romney is not our choice. He is the only option to rid the nation of the filth occupying the WH.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Now, don't you have some questions to answer in other threads?
    Wee wee is too much of a coward to answer those questions. Funny that he was warned about that before but continues to do it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.