Threaded View

1. #1 Iowa Republican defends ending run for state Senate, joining shadow government 
    An Iowa Republican has caused a stir after ending her run for state legislature, and then becoming a "senator" for a de facto shadow government known as the Republic for the United States of America.

The former candidate, Randi Shannon, defended the bizarre decision in an interview with FoxNews.com on Monday, and did her best to explain her reasons for doing so.

Organizers say the Republic for the United States of America was the original government in this country, before it was replaced 225 years ago by the "de facto corporation known as the United States."

Shannon told FoxNews.com the Republic is a bona-fide group, which appointed her to the temporary position of senator. She explained that the Republic was replaced in 1871 by a government given "carte blanche to fleece 'We the people.'"

Organizers began in 2010 reforming the Republic, which Shannon said has representatives in all 50 states. However, it remains unclear what changes Republic leaders can make since they have no seats of power in a formally recognized government.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz20oztPsFO

I thought she had a good chance of winning. So much for that.

I may or may not of known this person for about 35 years. I'm not sure I want to admit that now.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 07-16-2012 at 05:07 PM.