1. #1 Iowa Republican defends ending run for state Senate, joining shadow government 
    An Iowa Republican has caused a stir after ending her run for state legislature, and then becoming a "senator" for a de facto shadow government known as the Republic for the United States of America.

The former candidate, Randi Shannon, defended the bizarre decision in an interview with FoxNews.com on Monday, and did her best to explain her reasons for doing so.

Organizers say the Republic for the United States of America was the original government in this country, before it was replaced 225 years ago by the "de facto corporation known as the United States."

Shannon told FoxNews.com the Republic is a bona-fide group, which appointed her to the temporary position of senator. She explained that the Republic was replaced in 1871 by a government given "carte blanche to fleece 'We the people.'"

Organizers began in 2010 reforming the Republic, which Shannon said has representatives in all 50 states. However, it remains unclear what changes Republic leaders can make since they have no seats of power in a formally recognized government.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz20oztPsFO

I thought she had a good chance of winning. So much for that.

I may or may not of known this person for about 35 years. I'm not sure I want to admit that now.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 07-16-2012 at 05:07 PM.

I don't blame her. Why go through the hassle and expense of running for senate when you can just be appointed a senator.

She cited the growing size of government -- particularly "ObamaCare" -- as one of the biggest and most recent intrusions by "big government" into the lives of her family members and other Americans.
    Sorry sweetie but running from the problem and joining an obscure group that has zero political power is not the way to save the country. You dropped the ball.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I don't blame her. Why go through the hassle and expense of running for senate when you can just be appointed a senator.

Sorry sweetie but running from the problem and joining an obscure group that has zero political power is not the way to save the country. You dropped the ball.
    I agree.

I had to unlike one of her facebook pages and I think I have to unlike her personal page.

She has totally gone nuts. She has posted like ten articles about the amounts of psychotic drugs prescribed to adults and children and the link is from a Ron Paul website. I'm no doctor, but I think she is a good canidate for some of this same medication.

I'm sure all those that worked on her campaign and donated money are very proud as they climb into a hole.

From what I am told she was the front runner in the campaign in a very important race. Now she claims our gov't is unconstitutional...every online political blog seems to be covering this now.

http://www.shannonforsenate.com/home.html
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 07-17-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I agree.

I had to unlike one of her facebook pages and I think I have to unlike her personal page.

She has totally gone nuts. She has posted like ten articles about the amounts of psychotic drugs prescribed to adults and children and the link is from a Ron Paul website. I'm no doctor, but I think she is a good canidate for some of this same medication.

I'm sure all those that worked on her campaign and donated money are very proud as they climb into a hole.

From what I am told she was the front runner in the campaign in a very important race. Now she claims our gov't is unconstitutional...every online political blog seems to be covering this now.

http://www.shannonforsenate.com/home.html

At least she went nuts in a somewhat intelligent manner, which will make her interesting to treat.

Risperdol would probably help. But then you get into the whole debate about people who think differently than most of society, and whether they should be medicated until they come into compliance with the norms and accept the reality that the rest of society accepts. The Equus debate.

My brother takes risperdal* and it's only an anti-psychotic, to calm him. The woman in question is beyond that, I think she needs something way stronger. Like restraints.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    My brother takes risperdal* and it's only an anti-psychotic, to calm him. The woman in question is beyond that, I think she needs something way stronger. Like restraints.
    She has interesting delusions. A shrink would rather listen to her political theories than have to hear delusions based on television shows, like those suffered by my high school friend who truly believed that Jon and Ponch took her on ride alongs with the California Highway Patrol. In Grand Rapids, MI.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She has interesting delusions. A shrink would rather listen to her political theories than have to hear delusions based on television shows, like those suffered by my high school friend who truly believed that Jon and Ponch took her on ride alongs with the California Highway Patrol. In Grand Rapids, MI.
    Oh dear.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Really. Her becoming a senator in this shadow government makes as much sense as me proclaiming that I am now President of the Republic of the United States.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Really. Her becoming a senator in this shadow government makes as much sense as me proclaiming that I am now President of the Republic of the United States.
    We appreciate your comments Mr President.