Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I weep for the country and lay the blame at the feet of the media 

God help us.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

I'd like to see an opposing video of GOP voters respond to the same questions. No doubt we'd have some equally stupid, but on balance, I'd bet the GOPers are more knowledgeable.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Despite the positives of a free press, it has to be said that it also shows off the bad side of democracy, by empowering the stupid with delusions of the value of themselves and their stupid opinions, and allowing them to use that power to put whores in office who will pander to them by taking from the rest for their benefit. The lowest-common-denominator appeal of the press is a product of the need to sell their publications, and a stupid person pays just as much for it as a smart person...and there are apparently a lot more stupid people willing to buy garbage than smart people willing to buy anything better. Not really any way to fix it, unfortunately, it's just the inherent downside of a free press and democratic elections. The founding fathers weren't unaware of the problem, they were just willing to take the bad to get the good.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Despite the positives of a free press, it has to be said that it also shows off the bad side of democracy, by empowering the stupid with delusions of the value of themselves and their stupid opinions, and allowing them to use that power to put whores in office who will pander to them by taking from the rest for their benefit. The lowest-common-denominator appeal of the press is a product of the need to sell their publications, and a stupid person pays just as much for it as a smart person...and there are apparently a lot more stupid people willing to buy garbage than smart people willing to buy anything better. Not really any way to fix it, unfortunately, it's just the inherent downside of a free press and democratic elections. The founding fathers weren't unaware of the problem, they were just willing to take the bad to get the good.
    Agreed except for the Founders. They were smart enough to exclude the people that had no vested interest in the USA. We now have empty headed, ignorant and gullible 18 year old and racist minorities that vote for more handouts to themselves based on an entitlement mentality. Unlimited universal suffrage was never going to work.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I think I became a conservative because I realized that if people aren't encouraged to do/be their best, then those who actually do need help won't have it. If more people worked harder, more who need help will get even better help.

I wish I knew a way to shame those who take advantage, therefore taking away from the deserving. I also realized that I'd rather give my money where I think it should go being that the government only needs as much money as what the founders outlined. Too bad things have gone wonky since then.

I've thought about it a little today, it's not all the media's fault. People should be responsible for their own education. Clearly those highlighted in the OP video have not done that.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

How many sketches did SNL do on the 57 states thing? The jokes don't even need to be written. You don't even have to make up lies like Tina Fey did regarding Palin.

Yeah, I know, I expect too much.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Agreed except for the Founders. They were smart enough to exclude the people that had no vested interest in the USA. We now have empty headed, ignorant and gullible 18 year old and racist minorities that vote for more handouts to themselves based on an entitlement mentality. Unlimited universal suffrage was never going to work.
    Actually, to a lot of blacks, the reason they voted for Obama is because he's (half) black. So I need to ask, what is more wrong, voting for someone simply based on their skin tone or not voting for someone simply based on their skin tone.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Actually, to a lot of blacks, the reason they voted for Obama is because he's (half) black. So I need to ask, what is more wrong, voting for someone simply based on their skin tone or not voting for someone simply based on their skin tone.
    Point taken. They voted BLACK based upon their closet racism. They'll continue to vote DIM due to their stupidity and ignorance. Those who have the audacity to walk off the DIMoRAT plantation lose their Blackness forever (unless they are turncoats like COLON Powell).
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Point taken. They voted BLACK based upon their closet racism. They'll continue to vote DIM due to their stupidity and ignorance. Those who have the audacity to walk off the DIMoRAT plantation lose their Blackness forever (unless they are turncoats like COLON Powell).
    There's nothing closeted about black racism. They throw it out there for all to see but no one dares call them on it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Are you saying only white, male, landowners should be allowed to vote?

Poor people, women, and people of color shouldn't have a right to vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.