Thread: Zimmerman still a "white Hispanic." (Meanwhile, Obama is still just black.)

1. #1 Zimmerman still a "white Hispanic." (Meanwhile, Obama is still just black.) 
    From this article:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...von/56253714/1

A cousin of the white Hispanic man charged with killing a black unarmed teen...
    (I'll be posting this story for discussion of the actual charges elsewhere. This thread is just for discussing the stupid, underhanded, racist and hypocritical tactic of calling Zimmerman a "white Hispanic" while not doing something similar for "white black" Obama.)

I believe I'll just start referring to our Marxist prez as the half Caucasoid Usurper.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

When they use the term "white hispanic" is it because one parent is caucasian and one is hispanic? Or do they mean that he is of hispanic descent and is of a light complexion?

I ask this because there are black hispanics. Not like the "black irish", black, like from Africa, but speaking spanish. Most that I've met are from Puerto Rico. They are descendants of slaves from Africa, but they've intermarried with the native tribes there for generations/centuries.

Zimmerman clearly does not have light skin. He also has a Jewish and Peruvian heritage, but certain people in the media only want to use the white part of his heritage to describe him. It's sickeningly biased to single out his white heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When they use the term "white hispanic" is it because one parent is caucasian and one is hispanic? Or do they mean that he is of hispanic descent and is of a light complexion?

I ask this because there are black hispanics. Not like the "black irish", black, like from Africa, but speaking spanish. Most that I've met are from Puerto Rico. They are descendants of slaves from Africa, but they've intermarried with the native tribes there for generations/centuries.
    Yeah I think when South America was colonized, you had two groups that intermixed with the natives -- White Spanish or Portuguese, and black slaves. There are still some indigenous Indians, but mostly everyone is mixed at this point. My understanding is that White Latino means your ancestry is from the former.

Of course, this is only relevant to the case if you're looking to manufacture racial outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Your question misses the point. The point is that the liberal media is making this into the mean White Honky Devil killed the poor defenseless Black teenage citizen.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand