Thread: 2008 Ryder Cup

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    I was just answering Shannon's question. My parents loved golf; my mother used to play with an old guy who, I was told, was one of the most famous players ever. You couldn't prove it by me, but he was a nice old man. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I was just answering Shannon's question. My parents loved golf; my mother used to play with an old guy who, I was told, was one of the most famous players ever. You couldn't prove it by me, but he was a nice old man. :)
    You should have learned how to play; then maybe you would not be so much of a snob. :)

Power CUer
    Given what country club fees are, I'd likely be more of one. One I like in the area, the Chevy Chase Club, costs over $100k to join, aside from the annual dues and other feeds.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Given what country club fees are, I'd likely be more of one. One I like in the area, the Chevy Chase Club, costs over $100k to join, aside from the annual dues and other feeds.
    Feeds?

:D :D

Banned
    That $100k is a share of stock which in all likely-hood you can sell for more than you bought it for. The kicker is that you have to have a sponsor and numerous references. They don't let just anybody in that can pony up the money. FYI, most of the richest people in Country Clubs are NOT snobs. It's the management types that are allowed to join under the company membership umbrella that are trying to impress others. They only have to pony up the dues and charges every month. I have seen a number of these snobbish pricks.

Power CUer
    As you say; I wouldn't know. My parents belonged to a club, but I've never been interested.

Who?????????
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I would and so did people like Bob Hope. The thread is about the Americans winning the Ryder Cup matches. If you do not have nothing to add to the topic, sit on your fat ass and do your vagina or what ever you call them exercises.
    Holy moley. We were joking around. Lighten up.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Holy moley. We were joking around. Lighten up.
    Hey, I am just joking around also. However, I know what I am talking about.:)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    Who?????????
    His name was Gene Sarazen. His daughter lived in my mother's town in New Hampshire and she'd get a group of friends together to play golf with him when he was there. My mother was about twenty years his junior so she liked being one of the "young ones" in comparison.