Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Don't ask don't tell. I think that's a fair rule for a group that serves a lot prepubescent boys, who are too young to be thinking about sex and really are in need of a lot of physical activity to keep them too tired to think about sex.
    I dont want gay men in any close relationship with boys 13 to 17 sorry but would you allow a male to do the same with girls of that age?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't even want to think about what some of the merit badges would be for.......making an emergency condom from materials found on the forest floor......cabin cross dressing...etc
    And let's not even try to mingle with the Brownies.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'd hate to see the merit badges for Fisting and Prolapse orifices.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I dont want gay men in any close relationship with boys 13 to 17 sorry but would you allow a male to do the same with girls of that age?
    I was thinking more of membership than leadership.

I would allow a gay man around girls age 13-17. I've stated before that they make great foster parents for teenaged girls who have been sexually abused . As far as straight men go, it would depend on the man and the circumstances. Girls that age are around male teachers, athletic coaches and various other men who could take advantage, and the vast majority of men do not take that advantage. Even though I've
    commented on how most sex offenders are male, that doesn't mean the converse is true and that most men are sex offenders. Gay, straight or pansexual, pedophiles still make up a pretty small percentage of the population.

I was thinking more of membership than leadership.

I would allow a gay man around girls age 13-17. I've stated before that they make great foster parents for teenaged girls who have been sexually abused . As far as straight men go, it would depend on the man and the circumstances. Girls that age are around male teachers, athletic coaches and various other men who could take advantage, and the vast majority of men do not take that advantage. Even though I've
    commented on how most sex offenders are male, that doesn't mean the converse is true and that most men are sex offenders. Gay, straight or pansexual, pedophiles still make up a pretty small percentage of the population.
    Sorry male coaches,teachers etc arent in as close proximity to girls as they are to boys, i.e. locker rooms, Latreens and tents. No i wouldn't allow a male around female teenagers dont care if they are gay or not. I wouldn't allow female authority figures around young boys either.

Sorry male coaches,teachers etc arent in as close proximity to girls as they are to boys, i.e. locker rooms, Latreens and tents. No i wouldn't allow a male around female teenagers dont care if they are gay or not. I wouldn't allow female authority figures around young boys either.

What about Den Mothers?

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

What about Den Mothers?

You sure like moving them goalposts, after a certain age people of the opposite sex should stay out of certain areas.

You sure like moving them goalposts, after a certain age people of the opposite sex should stay out of certain areas.

When you consider that the vast majority of sex offenders are male, the risk of a female leading a group of boys really is not that high of one.

My contention all along is that sex offenses are primarily a male issue, as far as the perp side goes. There are very few females who commit those types of crimes.

I had a lesbian GS leader when I was in 7th grade. We went camping with her, hung out at her house, and she never crossed any kind of line with any of us. But, again, most sex offenders are male, so most lesbians, like most straight women, aren't aroused by teenagers or little kids.