1. #1 Blunt is Better for Romney 

“The taxpayers pay for government. It’s not like government just provides those things to all of us and we say, ‘Oh, thank you government for doing those things.’ No, in fact, we pay for them and we benefit from them and we appreciate the work that they do and the sacrifices that are done by people who work in government. But they did not build this business.”

-- Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney campaigning in Irwin, Pa.

Blunt is Better for Romney

Mitt Romney is not going to release a decade of his tax returns. He’s not even going to release three.

He’s going to release precisely two years worth and keep telling reporters that he’s not providing more because he doesn’t want to give President Obama more ammunition for attack ads against him and his vast personal fortune. >>>

For Romney this is a particularly good idea since the Obama campaign has gone from scorching to savage in its negativity in recent weeks. When Romney says that Obama will use anything he releases in an attack ad, even the most hostile reporter knows that is exactly right.

MORE@FoxNews

----------------------------------------

Well, its about damn time! Now if he can just keep turning up the heat ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I hate to nitpick but...

No, in fact, we pay for them and we benefit from them and we appreciate the work that they do and the sacrifices that are done by people who work in government.

...we do?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I hate to nitpick but...
    No, in fact, we pay for them and we benefit from them and we appreciate the work that they do and the sacrifices that are done by people who work in government.

...we do?
    I appreciate the roads we drive on, the people who built them and the people who plan them regardless of whether they work for the private sector or not.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I appreciate the roads we drive on, the people who built them and the people who plan them regardless of whether they work for the private sector or not.
    Yup. Same here.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

This is exactly the dumb ass comment Romney was waiting for to pounce on, it takes the spotlight off of bain.

I hate to nitpick but...

...we do?
    Yep - it's the politicos of both sides that use the funds to buy votes rather than the purpose intended that we resent.

It's about damn time Mitt! Get cracking!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

If I were Romney, I'd proclaim that I'd release all of my tax returns once Obama releases the Fast & Furious documents.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I hate to nitpick but...

...we do?
    The only people in government whos work and sacrifice I appreciate are those members of the armed forces of the United States of America and those who are in law enforcement. The rest can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I hate to nitpick but...

...we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    The only people in government whos work and sacrifice I appreciate are those members of the armed forces of the United States of America and those who are in law enforcement. The rest can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.
    I pay for roads and I benefit from them. I pay for police and I benefit from them. I pay for firemen and I benefit from them. I pay for Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines, and I benefit from them. I appreciate all of these, both in the casual sense that I'm thankful for them and in the more literal sense that I am cognizant that this comes from my tax dollars.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.