Bachmann: Letter on Clinton aide was 'distorted'

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said a letter she and colleagues sent about an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is "being distorted."

She issued the statement shortly after Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) took to the Senate floor to criticize her for claiming Huma Abedin, Clinton's longtime aide and the wife of former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.), is an infiltrator for the Muslim Brotherhood.

Bachmann did not acknowledge McCain's remarks in her defense of the letter she and four other House Republicans sent.

"The letters my colleagues and I sent on June 13 to the Inspectors General of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Department of State ... are unfortunately being distorted," Bachmann said.

Bachmann, alongside GOP Reps. Trent Franks (Ariz.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Tom Roomey (Fla.), and Lynn Westmoreland (Ga.), issued a letter suggesting Abedin and some of her relatives are tied to the Muslim Brotherhood.

She did not mention McCain or Abedin in her statement.

"The intention of the letters was to outline the serious national security concerns I had and ask for answers to questions regarding the Muslim Brotherhood and other radical group’s access to top Obama administration officials," Bachmann.

Bachmann said the State Department and White House had been making "dangerous national security decisions" by letting known terrorists into the country.

"I will not be silent as this administration appeases our enemies instead of telling the truth about the threats our country faces."

In the letter, which the lawmakers sent on June 13, they write about information they claim "raises serious questions about Department of State policies and activities that appear to be a result of influence operations conducted by individuals and organizations associated with the Muslim Brotherhood."

They go on to point out that Abedin "has three family members — her late father, her mother, and her brother — connected to Muslim Brotherhood operatives and/or organizations," adding that Abedin's position "affords her routine access to the secretary and to policy-making."

TheHillBlog

----------------------------------------

Huma is not the subject of the letter, but merely an example of where the Inspector General can start in performing his job. The subject of the letter is the unusual quantity of support our government and State Department is lending to terrorists – which are factual. The letter requests that the I.G. investigate why (citing figures) we are giving aid to terrorists and allowing them into our country to conduct social jihad.

And given that Huma's boss is simpatico with Palestinians in a great big way, muzzie allegiances is almost a resume enhancement with the kook fringe 'leaders' on the left now. Bachmann is right to question the Clinton-Abedin agenda.

Note that McCain attacks Bachmann for broaching the subject, he doesnt specify how she is wrong in her facts about the connection to the Muslim Brotherhood. Has McCain even read the letter? Or is he just hoping to get good press by attacking his own party, specifically conservatives? Thanks for your military service John but please go away now. Or join the democrat party and end the confusion.