1. #1 Fort Hood report shows FBI ignored warning signs on Hasan, lawmaker says 
    The FBI was too concerned about political correctness and did not launch an investigation into a man who was later charged with killing 13 people in a 2009 attack at the Fort Hood military installation in Texas, despite significant warning signs that he was an Islamic extremist bent on killing civilians, according to a lawmaker briefed on a new report about the terrorist attack.

In emails to a known terrorist, Army Maj. Nidal Hasan expressed his support for suicide bombings and killing civilians, while the terrorist, Anwar al-Awlaki, encouraged Hasan to stay in touch, Republican Rep. Michael McCaul, told The Associated Press on Wednesday after he was briefed on the findings of a new review of the attack.

The review was done by former FBI Director William Webster and was more than two years in the making. FBI Director Robert Mueller asked that Webster conduct an independent review, and the bureau is expected to release an unclassified version this week.

Much was already known about the series of oversights and missteps the government made leading to the terror attack at the Fort Hood Army post. Soon after the attack, it was revealed that members of two FBI anti-terrorism task forces saw emails between the Army psychiatrist and al-Awlaki beginning in December 2008. Those task forces reviewed the communications and decided they were in keeping with Hasan's research at the time, and as a result, no formal investigation of Hasan was opened. Hasan was writing a research paper about the effects of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But McCaul said Webster's report offers some new details that show the FBI was concerned about investigating an American Muslim in the military, and that is why an investigation was not pursued.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Dear Lord. I worry a lot about my son. Until this shooting happened it hadn't occurred to me that he could be shot by a fellow soldier. I mean I know about fragging but all the soldiers who work with my son don't strike me as doing something like that. Yah I'm being naive. But damn the leadership for being chicken, damn PCness, damn muslim terrorists..

The lawsuits have probably already started.

But McCaul said Webster's report offers some new details that show the FBI was concerned about investigating an American Muslim in the military, and that is why an investigation was not pursued.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

it hadn't occurred to me that he could be shot by a fellow soldier.
    Those 13 soldiers weren't killed by a fellow soldier...they were shot by a traitor...to our Army values...and to our country.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Those 13 soldiers weren't killed by a fellow soldier...they were shot by a traitor...to our Army values...and to our country.
    Which is why he should have been charged with treason, and if I were the Article 32 officer, he would have been.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

sadly, just like the voter intimidation by the Black Panthers was never prosecuted, the political correctness of this administration almost invites attacks similar to Ft Hood. There aren't the normal consequences for bad actions.

PC can kill----and has. It sounds like an oft repeated theme, but Obama and Holder need to leave office.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Fucking liberals. (Exasperation, not hate.)

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Which is why he should have been charged with treason, and if I were the Article 32 officer, he would have been.

Does he face the death penalty for the murder charges he is facing? If so, then justice can really only be served once, whether they throw in the treason charge or not.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Does he face the death penalty for the murder charges he is facing? If so, then justice can really only be served once, whether they throw in the treason charge or not.
    It's on the table...just depends on the jury.