Thread: Return of a Weiner?

1. #1 Return of a Weiner? 
    By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. on 7.19.12 @ 6:09AM

A former House member ponders a return to prominence.

WASHINGTON -- I see that the stalwarts of Reform Politics throughout the city of New York have been given reason for hope and change. It is reported that former congressman Anthony D. Weiner (pronounced as you might expect) is testing the waters for a return to public life. He is mulling over a run for the mayor's mansion or perhaps a campaign for "public advocate." I am not really sure what a public advocate does, but Weiner has done things in public that are very daring and so I have no doubt he could handle the duties of a public advocate.

You will remember that he left the House of Representatives when he was caught handling his private parts in photographs that he sent to women he did not know and repeatedly lying about it to his colleagues and the press. Well, now he is pondering a return to public office. He has been out of, I guess we would call it, the public eye for a little over a year, and as he told WNYC recently, "I paid a very high price…." He has become a stay-at-home dad to his six-month-old son and when he does go out in public he wears jeans, tee shirts, and a baseball hat turned backwards. So he is contemplating another office of public trust. Whatever office he chooses to run for, you can count on his running as a Reformer. He has always been very progressive and was in fact a dreadful scold to the reactionary Republicans on Capitol Hill until those dratted pictures turned up. CNN would not even give him a show on the network, not even a late-night show. CNN gave former governor Eliot Spitzer a show after his imbroglio with a sex ring, but not Weiner.
    Read More>http://spectator.org/archives/2012/0...rn-of-a-weiner
    Let's be frank, the weiner won't be coming back!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

After what he did? That takes balls.

He is approaching it in a rather Circumspect manner.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I wonder where he's been hanging out since he lost his job?

I'm sure this whole ordeal has been pretty hard-on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. on 7.19.12 @ 6:09AM

A former House member ponders a return to prominence.

WASHINGTON -- I see that the stalwarts of Reform Politics throughout the city of New York have been given reason for hope and change. It is reported that former congressman Anthony D. Weiner (pronounced as you might expect) is testing the waters for a return to public life. He is mulling over a run for the mayor's mansion or perhaps a campaign for "public advocate." I am not really sure what a public advocate does, but Weiner has done things in public that are very daring and so I have no doubt he could handle the duties of a public advocate.

You will remember that he left the House of Representatives when he was caught handling his private parts in photographs that he sent to women he did not know and repeatedly lying about it to his colleagues and the press. Well, now he is pondering a return to public office. He has been out of, I guess we would call it, the public eye for a little over a year, and as he told WNYC recently, "I paid a very high price…." He has become a stay-at-home dad to his six-month-old son and when he does go out in public he wears jeans, tee shirts, and a baseball hat turned backwards. So he is contemplating another office of public trust. Whatever office he chooses to run for, you can count on his running as a Reformer. He has always been very progressive and was in fact a dreadful scold to the reactionary Republicans on Capitol Hill until those dratted pictures turned up. CNN would not even give him a show on the network, not even a late-night show. CNN gave former governor Eliot Spitzer a show after his imbroglio with a sex ring, but not Weiner.
    Read More>http://spectator.org/archives/2012/0...rn-of-a-weiner
    Let's be frank, the weiner won't be coming back!
    The NY Post has been having a field day with headlines about Weiner rising.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Maybe he can get Pee Wee Herman and Fred Willard to endorse him.

I find this whole fiasco rather lame and his potential return fails to arouse any support. His donations are flaccid at best.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand