Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Bulgaria bomber is a former Gitmo prisoner and left-wing icon/hero 
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...released-Gitmo

Leftists who hate Israel can rejoice; their efforts at securing the release of a Gitmo detainee and their subsequent lionizing of him allowed him to murder five Israelis in the bombing Wednesday in Burgas, Bulgarian. The bomber has been identified as Mehdi Ghezali, who was detained at Gitmo Bay in Cuba from 2002 to 2004.
    I'm really starting to reconsider my stance on hating liberalism instead of the people who are dumb enough to follow it (incl. those in my family whom I love dearly). The only things that are holding me back right now are the fact that it would make me exactly like them and, most importantly, I'm called by Christ to love my enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    .........................The only things that are holding me back right now are the fact that it would make me exactly like them and, most importantly, I'm called by Christ to love my enemies.
    I don't think killing an enemy who is homicidal makes me like him. In my case, it is entirely possible to kill my enemy without hating him. It's the hatred inside that damages us, not the killing.

He was released from Gitmo in 2004. I don't think a liberal was responsible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He was released from Gitmo in 2004. I don't think a liberal was responsible for that.
    I have to ask the question, "Who was campaigning for 'humane treatment' and release of those who have not been convicted?"

It was the liberals, of course. Just because the liberals are not in power at some given moment doesn't mean they are without input. Conservatives have some input to the course of things now, and liberals had some input during the Bush years.

Wow. Um... To be perfectly polite, but blunt, that's pretty ignorant. Gitmo has been a prime target for liberals since the Bush Administration started detaining prisoners there and they have constantly put heavy pressure on the government to release as many people as possible.

Are you really that stupid...are just trying to copy from A-D's playbook?

The Liberals have been against detention of ANY terrorist suspect at Guantanamo Bay since the first one was placed there.

Hell the law firm that Eric Holder worked for along with nine lawyers now working for Justice were all doing pro bono work on behalf of these poor mistreated bomb throwers.

Who do you think threw the whole tribunal system into legal limbo and made sure that these thugs had protection under American laws?

Hint: It wasn't Bush or the Republicans.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Oh, gosh. Here's a big surprise. Now that their golden boy has exposed himself for what he truly was, the Swedish government, which virtually laid out the red carpet for him on his returns home from both Gitmo and Pakistan (see the Breitbart piece), is denying the reports along with the U.S. (thanks, Obama!).

http://forward.com/articles/159581/o...namo-detainee/

U.S. and Swedish officials denied widespread reports that the suspected suicide bomber who blew up a bus of Israeli tourists in Bulgaria was an Islamic militant from Sweden who served two years at Guantanamo Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

The Liberals have been against detention of ANY terrorist suspect at Guantanamo Bay since the first one was placed there.

Hell the law firm that Eric Holder worked for along with nine lawyers now working for Justice were all doing pro bono work on behalf of these poor mistreated bomb throwers.

Who do you think threw the whole tribunal system into legal limbo and made sure that these thugs had protection under American laws?

Doesn't matter. It will be laid at the feet of the Bush administration and a lot of people are going to accept it without question.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Doesn't matter. It will be laid at the feet of the Bush administration and a lot of people are going to accept it without question.
    I'm not sure whether to get mad or cry over that sad fact of life.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

I'm one of those liberals who doesn't like the idea of detaining people and depriving them of due process of law. Especially if we detain them outside of our own borders because we don't have to follow due process if they aren't in our country.

That doesn't mean I think that the detainees should be set free to do whatever. I just felt they should be incarcerated in the US, treated humanely while incarcerated and be prosecuted in the US court system.

It doesn't matter what the left's position was on Gitmo and tribunals, or whether Eric Holder's law firm did pro bono work on behalf of the detainees held at Gitmo because they didn't make the decision to release this guy. Bush's administration made that decision. If they did so under pressure from the left, well, then be mad at the Bush administration for caving.