Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 14 dead, at least 50 injured in shooting at Colorado movie theater, police say 

URGENT: At least 14 people have been killed and up to 50 injured after a mass shooting at a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at a suburban Denver movie theater, police

The violent and chaotic scene erupted about 12:30 a.m. MDT as a gunman stood at the front of one of the Century 16 theaters at the Aurora Mall where the movie "The was playing, police said.

"Witnesses tell us he released some sort of canister. They heard a hissing sound and some gas emerged and the gunman opened fire," Oates said at a news conference.

Police, ambulances and emergency crews swarmed on the scene after frantic calls started flooding the 911 switchboard, officials said.

Officers found the gunman near a car behind the theater.

"A gas mask, rifle, handgun at least one additional weapon (were) found inside" he said.

The suspect was taken into custody, but no name was released. Oates said there's no evidence of any other attackers. There was also no immediate word of any motive.

Earlier reports said there may have been a second shooter, but police believe only one shooter was involved, KDVR tells Fox News.

Witness Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he was inside Theater 16 and heard several shots.

"Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station.

Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20...#ixzz219waGpqh
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Prayers to the family

The world is going nuts :(

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    So did this moron think he was Bain??? Fucking POS couldn't even off himself...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I pray he isnt in the TP :(

I was over DU and when they found out his name the started looking to see if he was a conservative, sick fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I pray he isnt in the TP :(

I was over DU and when they found out his name the started looking to see if he was a conservative, sick fucks.
    ...and you're surpised, why?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I suspect that we're looking at more of a Jared Loughner type of lone loon, rather than a member of a movement, but it's too early to tell.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

And the scumbag didn't whack himself.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

My first thought was RofP not TP.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    My first thought was RofP not TP.

My first thought was a lone wacko of no particular religious or political affiliation. Because of the location, the first similar situation I thought of was the Columbine shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My first thought was a lone wacko of no particular religious or political affiliation. Because of the location, the first similar situation I thought of was the Columbine shootings.

Sorry. Not so much.

The James Holmes that is in custody is a registered Democrat.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...tered-Democrat