1. #1 Boycott Dark Knight? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yep...it's Friday night.

Fri Jul 20, 2012, 08:19 PM
    arely staircase

Boycott Dark Knight?

The writer says he's a staunch conservative and compared romney to batman and ows to the villian bane.

May the FORCE be with you!

Please do boycott The Dark Knight Rises DUmbasses. More tickets available for me.

Man, DUmmy heads will be asplodin on Monday when they see just how much money this film makes this weekend.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    This idiot doesn't even realize that the creator of Bane wasn't the writer of the movie.

Chuck Dixon is a conservative (and a terrific guy), and his take on this is a breath of fresh air"
    Rush Limbaugh: Bane’s Creator Weighs In

By: Russ Burlingame on July 17, 2012
    Not long after Rush Limbaugh was quoted by The Hollywood Reporter this afternoon as asserting that the use of longtime DC Comics villain Bane in the upcoming Batman film The Dark Knight Rises was in fact a subtle jab at Bain Capital co-founder Mitt Romney and his Presidential bid, ComicBook.com reached out to the character’s creator, Chuck Dixon, for comment.

“The idea that there’s some kind of liberal agenda behind the use of Bane in the new movie is silly,” Dixon told ComicBook.com. “I refuted this within hours of the article in the Washington Examiner suggesting that Bane would be tied to Bain Capital and Mitt Romney appearing. Bane was created by me and Graham Nolan and we are lifelong conservatives and as far from left-wing mouthpieces as you are likely to find in comics.”

Dixon is, as he points out himself, one of the most well-known conservatives in mainstream comics. While he doesn’t seem to believe there’s a political axe to grind behind choosing Bane as the villain at all, he does point out that if there was one, it actually seems more likely that the film is a comment on popular protest movements of the Left.

“As for his appearance in The Dark Knight Rises, Bane is a force for evil and the destruction of the status quo. He’s far more akin to an Occupy Wall Street type if you’re looking to cast him politically. And if there ever was a Bruce Wayne running for the White House it would have to be Romney.”

From what I witnessed of the Occupy movement, Bane and his earthquake machine are slightly more…forceful than the OWS crowd. Obviously there’s not that much of a gap between occupying a public park and wrecking havoc across the city of Gotham. When will some leftwing television personality start complaining that Bane is an attempt to smear Occupy Wall Street?

Dixon also showed up on the nationally syndicated radio program Schnitt Show to refute Limbaugh’s claims, pointing out that he was a lifelong conservative.
    Too funny.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Rush was completely out to lunch with that whole meme, but I didn't hear it so I'm not sure whether it was intended to be just entertaining BS for laughs that failed and was taken seriously instead, or if he just didn't put three minutes into researching it before he started yapping.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Rush was completely out to lunch with that whole meme, but I didn't hear it so I'm not sure whether it was intended to be just entertaining BS for laughs that failed and was taken seriously instead, or if he just didn't put three minutes into researching it before he started yapping.
    Yeah, he's usually a lot more on the ball than that. However, he was responding to the Democrats who made the point in the first place. Of course, now that it turns out that the creators are all conservatives and the message isn't a knock on the right so much as multiple knocks on the left, I'm hoping that he's smart enough to admit the error and move on.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    He was reacting to an Obama campaign staffer making the comparison to Bane and Romney and thinking it was funny.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.