Dark Knight Rises shooting suspect painted hair red, ‘said he was the Joker’

National Post Wire Services, The Associated Press Jul 20, 2012 – 6:06 PM ET | Last Updated: Jul 21, 2012 5:25 AM ET
AP Photo/The Denver Post, Karl Gehring
People gather outside the Century 16 movie theatre in Aurora, Colo., at the scene of a mass shooting early Friday morning. James Holmes is now in police custody in connection to the shooting, which killed 12.

The mass shooting in Aurora in suburban Denver killed 12 people and injured 58 in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history.AURORA, Colo. — The “deranged individual” accused of hurling a gas canister and opening fire in a sold-out showing of the new Batman movie Friday had painted his hair red and claimed he was the Joker, police said.

Suspected gunman James Holmes, a 24-year-old medical student, was arrested shortly after the shooting and remains in police custody.
Holmes allegedly burst into the theatre and threw a smoke gas canister. When the smoke began to spread, some moviegoers thought it was a stunt that was part of the movie. Then they saw a silhouette of a person at the front of the theatre, pointing a gun at the crowd.
New York police commissioner Raymond Kelly said Friday that the gunman clearly looked “like a deranged individual.”

“He has his hair painted red. He said he was the Joker, obviously the enemy of Batman.”

Aurora, Colorado, police chief Dan Oates would not confirm that information, but confirmed he had spoken to Kelly.

“There were bullet [casings] just falling on my head. They were burning my forehead,” witness Jennifer Seeger said, adding that the gunman, dressed like a SWAT team member, fired steadily except when he stopped to reload.

“Every few seconds it was just boom, boom, boom,” Seeger said. “He would reload and shoot and anyone who would try to leave would just get killed.”

Seeger said she was in the second row when the gunman pointed a gun at her face. At first, “I was just a deer in headlights. I didn’t know what to do,” she said. Then she ducked to the ground as the gunman shot people seated behind her.
http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/j...robe-1.3851548

And, we have to go to Canadian or British media to get information that isn't being disseminated here. Thanks, MSM, for keeping us informed.