1. #1 Dark Knight Rises shooting suspect painted hair red, ‘said he was the Joker’ 
    Dark Knight Rises shooting suspect painted hair red, ‘said he was the Joker’

National Post Wire Services, The Associated Press Jul 20, 2012 – 6:06 PM ET | Last Updated: Jul 21, 2012 5:25 AM ET
    AP Photo/The Denver Post, Karl Gehring
    People gather outside the Century 16 movie theatre in Aurora, Colo., at the scene of a mass shooting early Friday morning. James Holmes is now in police custody in connection to the shooting, which killed 12.

The mass shooting in Aurora in suburban Denver killed 12 people and injured 58 in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history.AURORA, Colo. — The “deranged individual” accused of hurling a gas canister and opening fire in a sold-out showing of the new Batman movie Friday had painted his hair red and claimed he was the Joker, police said.

Suspected gunman James Holmes, a 24-year-old medical student, was arrested shortly after the shooting and remains in police custody.
    Holmes allegedly burst into the theatre and threw a smoke gas canister. When the smoke began to spread, some moviegoers thought it was a stunt that was part of the movie. Then they saw a silhouette of a person at the front of the theatre, pointing a gun at the crowd.
    New York police commissioner Raymond Kelly said Friday that the gunman clearly looked “like a deranged individual.”

“He has his hair painted red. He said he was the Joker, obviously the enemy of Batman.”

Aurora, Colorado, police chief Dan Oates would not confirm that information, but confirmed he had spoken to Kelly.

“There were bullet [casings] just falling on my head. They were burning my forehead,” witness Jennifer Seeger said, adding that the gunman, dressed like a SWAT team member, fired steadily except when he stopped to reload.

“Every few seconds it was just boom, boom, boom,” Seeger said. “He would reload and shoot and anyone who would try to leave would just get killed.”

Seeger said she was in the second row when the gunman pointed a gun at her face. At first, “I was just a deer in headlights. I didn’t know what to do,” she said. Then she ducked to the ground as the gunman shot people seated behind her.
    http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/j...robe-1.3851548

And, we have to go to Canadian or British media to get information that isn't being disseminated here. Thanks, MSM, for keeping us informed.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

And, we have to go to Canadian or British media to get information that isn't being disseminated here. Thanks, MSM, for keeping us informed.
    If it weren't for Canadian and British media we would have no idea about half of what's going on in our own country. It's been that way for years.
    Last edited by Retread; 07-21-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    If it weren't for Canadian and British media we would have no idea about half of what's going on in our own country. It's been that way for years.
    Sadly true. I was on staff duty a couple weeks back and found myself watching RT, which apparently is some Russian owned English news channel. And they were talking about actual news; the validity of it is unknown but it was in fact news. I turn it over to any American news channel and it's giving me Tom Cruise updates. Sad sight.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Sadly true. I was on staff duty a couple weeks back and found myself watching RT, which apparently is some Russian owned English news channel. And they were talking about actual news; the validity of it is unknown but it was in fact news. I turn it over to any American news channel and it's giving me Tom Cruise updates. Sad sight.
    No kidding. The other day, I was in a supermarket, and from the magazines at the counter, you'd think that Katie Holmes had cured cancer.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No kidding. The other day, I was in a supermarket, and from the magazines at the counter, you'd think that Katie Holmes had cured cancer.
    I would saying getting away from Scientologists should count for something...
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Actually Canadian, British and the Australian press seem to have eluded the 'black out' that clouds the media in this country. Remember 'radio free Europe'? These are the new 'radio free America' for me now.

There is an obvious black out on news here where it involves plain truth. Now its mostly spin. To promote a leftist world view. And what used to be the fringe is now mainstream. Heck republican leaders now are what we used to call democrats. Democrat leaders now are what we used to call kook fringe leftists. And the American media cheer all this on (as old correspondents and news reporters are replaced by people from former democrat administrations).
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

That boy ain't right.

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    That boy ain't right.

Um, the Joker's hair is green:

This guy looks more like Ronald McDonald. That said, this guy is a left wing nut case. Want to know how I know? Because if he were a right wing nut case, the media would be all over it by now.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.