Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 We're searched at the mall, our communications are monitored... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Wow...Atman is DUmber than usual this morning...

Sun Jul 22, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Atman

We're searched at the mall, our communications are monitored...

...we take off our shoes at the airport, there are cameras on every street corner...yet Holmes planned this for months, and was able to amass an arsenal of high powered weapons, enough ammo to take out a small city, and even napalm. Then walk into a movie theater wearing a gas mask.

Feeling safer yet? Thanks, Homeland "Security." It was billions well spent.

Moron.
    May the FORCE be with you!

If idiots like atman/toast and the rest of the DUmmies actually treated Islamic Terrorism for the real threat that it is...those kinds of searches and intrusions would be unnecessary.

Sadly...they'll never get it.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

He does have somewhat of a point. Judging by what Holmes had in his arsenal, there is enough there to raise some red flags enough that maybe someone should have clued in. Unless these purchases were over an extended period of time and I'm talking about years so no one would notice, logic would dictate that he bought all of this stuff in a relative short period of time. And Tx, your comment, while valid on it's face, doesn't wash in this instance because Holmes, at least by what we currently know, doesn't fit the Islamist profile. In fact, with the exception of his age, he's the direct opposite
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    He does have somewhat of a point. Judging by what Holmes had in his arsenal, there is enough there to raise some red flags enough that maybe someone should have clued in.
    What the gun grabbers like atman/toast should realize...but they won't is that no matter how many laws they pass...something like this will ALWAYS happen. This kid had no prior record...bought everything legally...he didn't raise a red flag anywhere.

Unless these purchases were over an extended period of time and I'm talking about years so no one would notice, logic would dictate that he bought all of this stuff in a relative short period of time.
    They did say he planned this attack over a period of months.

And Tx, your comment, while valid on it's face, doesn't wash in this instance because Holmes, at least by what we currently know, doesn't fit the Islamist profile. In fact, with the exception of his age, he's the direct opposite
    I got the impression from the first part of his comment he was referring to the searches we go through because of 9/11.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Searched at the mall? whaat?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Atman is apparently being groped at the mall by a pervert posing as homeland security or something.

Unless these purchases were over an extended period of time and I'm talking about years so no one would notice, logic would dictate that he bought all of this stuff in a relative short period of time.
    Question: to a libtard, would the time frame even matter? This guy could've been 80 and taken 60 years to amass his arsenal and they'd STILL be calling for stricter gun laws. That's because what they truly want is to completely outlaw all guns everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Searched at the mall to a DUmmy means being patted down because a security camera caught you shoplifting to the rest of us.
    Be Not Afraid.

He does have somewhat of a point. Judging by what Holmes had in his arsenal, there is enough there to raise some red flags enough that maybe someone should have clued in. Unless these purchases were over an extended period of time and I'm talking about years so no one would notice, logic would dictate that he bought all of this stuff in a relative short period of time. And Tx, your comment, while valid on it's face, doesn't wash in this instance because Holmes, at least by what we currently know, doesn't fit the Islamist profile. In fact, with the exception of his age, he's the direct opposite
    It's a different world today. When I was shooting in competition, I did my own reloading and purchased 7 to 10 pounds of powder, 30K primers, 30K bullets, and several thousand cases each year to replace those showing signs of fatigue. That was in the 1970's and into the 1980's and, as I said, different world then.

I suspect that today there would be red flags raised all over the place. In my state, along with the other southern border states, we can't purchase two guns in a day, above (I think) .22 caliber, without it being reported to BATF or somebody.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Lawful citizens abide by gun laws, criminals and would be criminals ignore them.
    If you want to make citizens less safe, make more laws and make it harder for them to protect themselves.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg