1. #1 We Have A New One!! A Funeral Bouncey!! 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=7121478

TexasLady (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-19-08 02:26 PM
    Original message
    I just Came back from a Funeral, and the Pastor brought up SARAH PALIN
    Advertisements [?]I am just disgusted. My now deceased ex mom in law wasn't even real political. Nor was she that religious. This moron, who just -kind of- knew my ex father in law back when he was young, and has also passed, mentions Sarah Palin?!?!?! Mumbled something about how THEY say she's white trash, and wow that must have meant we were REALLY white trash growin' up back on the 'hill', then he chuckles. WTF?????

What in the hell was this idiot doing bringing up my kids' grandma alongside THAT woman's name? She wasn't a church goer, and voted quietly. oh, and SHE WAS A DEM.
    I am still in a state of disbelief. Fuckin moron.
    ROFL!!! :D No conversion and nobody jumped out of the bushes, but 1 extra bong for the White Trash mention.
    Donald Ian Rankin (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-03-08 12:51 PM
    Response to Original message
    85. This is DU - shame is in short supply around here.

Power CUer
    Actually, the cop was a pall bearer and if he had jumped out, 5 other guys would have fallen to the floor.

But he really wanted to jump out.

I predict funeral bouncies will be a new fad at the DUmp. For example:

Neecy Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Fri Sep-19-08 04:00 PM
    Response to Original message
    33. I hear you

At my sister's wake in April 2005, a group of family 'friends', all Republicans, used the occasion to stand in a group and loudly condemn and mock Bill Clinton for the better part of her wake.

I was in a complete daze that night - she had died young and unexpectedly - and all I thought about was when, right after the 2004 election, she showed me the blue Hope bracelet she'd bought to protest Bush's reelection. She loved it. It was on her wrist at the wake and this is what this group chose to jump on - and provoked their long diatribe against Clinton. I've never seen such disgusting behavior by a group of so-called "Christians" in my life, disrupting someone's wake because they didn't agree with the political views of the deceased.

I'll never understand the right-wing mindset. I'm sorry this happened to you as well. It seems they look for the most painful, vulnerable moments to strike.
    Not to be outdone, this DUmmy has her own "evil right wingers at a funeral" story. And hers is MUCH better than the OP - the nasty Republicans were standing around the open casket mocking the decedent's Hope bracelet.

Arkansas Granny (1000+ posts)
    Fri Sep-19-08 02:34 PM
    Response to Reply #15
    19. Good advice. It might also make him think twice before he pulls a stunt like that again.

A funeral is certainly not the place to inject a political statement.
    The DUmmies constantly brag about interrupting the private conversations of total strangers, attempts to convert people at their imaginary jobs, and so on. But now they want to preach about the right place to make political statements?

In a funeral bouncy, wouldn't the cop jump out of the casket?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

This might explain how all the dead in Chicago are able to vote.

A dead conversion. It's the Holy Grail of bouncys. :D
    Be Not Afraid.

Are not funerals a religious/spiritual event. One would think the dummie heathens would rather eat glass than attend such events.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

The preacher at my parents' funeral certainly put his foot in his mouth a few times...not really his fault, as we didn't have time to explain all the circumstances...preachers are just human, after all. But to believe that one talks politics at a funeral??
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

I give it one bong.
    One because he's starting a new fad and the old bouncies were gettng dull.
    Otherwise - pretty damn dull bouncy.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Wasn't it last week that Barry said to get in their face to convert them? Maybe these DUmmies didn't get the memo. Seems like that would have been the time to get in their face.
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D