Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1 The greatest failure the world has ever seen 
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWmsoAP-HoE

    Bill Whittle takes a look at the state of this country three years into Obama's rule.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    To this day when I wake up one of the first things that crosses my mind is why in the hell did the American people put Obama in office. I just don't get it, or maybe I do and I just don't want to admit it. Are we really that stupid and uninformed or is it that we just don't give a shit and that we will vote for whomever promises to give us more free goodies.

    Candidates stand in front of us and lie and lie and lie. We sit there with our mouths hanging open and buy into their entire line of bullshit. The real facts on issues are readily available for all to see with very little effort but for some reason we would rather keep ourselves in the dark and vote for people even though we know they are lying to us. We will even vote for someone who is a a proven criminal and a person of low character, WTH America.

    I have often believed that people should have to take a test to determine their knowledge of the issues and their level of intelligence before they are allowed to vote. I am sorry to say this but I don't want stupid people voting. We are living with the results of this right now. Of course I realize this is unethical and illegal but it's a nice dream.

    Of course it would be much easier if the Republicans would field a candidate that is actually worth voting for. Now I don't want to be to critical but let's be realistic...John McCain! really. This is the best we can do? I know McCain is a long time Senator a decorated veteran and an ex-POW. His service to this country has been long and distinguished. His patriotism and love of country has never been questioned but he was not a viable candidate for the Presidency of the United States.

    I know some people won't agree with me but to begin with he was too old. I know we don't want to admit it but I don't believe he was physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the Presidency. I'm sorry but that's the truth and the way I see it. In addition many of his views were far too LIBERAL and he openly embraced LIBERAL Democrat ideology on numerous occasions.He also had an unfortunate tendency to reach across the table in an attempt to reach some type of compromise with Democrats. As Conservatives we all know that if you extend the hand of cooperation to a Democrat he will promptly break it off and shove it in your ass. This is a lesson John McCain never learned.

    In my opinion John McCain is not a true conservative and as a result he was never embraced by the Conservative base and people just plain refused to vote for him. The end result of course being that Obama won the election and we now have to deal with the situation we find ourselves in.

    I am going to say something and I know it probably will not be well received by some, but I don't care. This is America and I will say what I want, when I want. What I am afraid of is that the Conservative party is traveling down the same road with regards to Mitt Romney as we did with McCain. As a Conservative I have to ask myself is Mitt Romney an electable candidate or are we going to have four more years of Obama.

    As things stand right now I am not comfortable with Romney. I am not convinced that he is a true Conservative and if by some chance he is elected that he won't go RINO on us. In all fairness to Mr. Romney I admit that I still have to do a lot of research on him and his views. I am hoping my first impressions of him are wrong. I would like to be wrong about him and find that he is a good and decent man who will make a good President. I am not one to blindly follow the party line, jump on the band wagon and pull the lever for a man just because he is the lesser of two evils. I heard this crap with McCain and I'm not buying it. I am going to finish my research and then I will make my decision on whether or not Mitt Romney deserves my vote.
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    I think Romney is a good and decent man. But he is still a RINO. I could go into detail, but a dont think its necessary. Im still voting for him because the alternative ... is unthinkable. Absolutely w/o reservation unthinkale. I mean 4 more years? As a lame duck?? I mean absolutely NO guard rails whatsoever? Sorry, as much as I detest RINOs I just cannot take the destruction of this country, its constitution and our society anymore. I just cant.

    As as bad as Romney is... hes still better than McVain. That said, we must get rid of the marxist first. Then we can deal with the GOP weasels. And ... weve got to take back the Senate while retaining the House. Get rid of the RINOs like Boehner then PUSH Romney to the right. Its a very long road ahead. Its goin to take several elections. But we've got to get rid of 0'dummy and his socialist/ commie party and find conservative leaders who can articulate whats really going on here.

    One step at a time.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,057
    There are always some that will take their dolly and go home when they find out it isn't up to them to select their personal favorite as a nominee, I for one will not support or throw the vote to a Marxist, this is the legacy some of us want to leave our children I won't be a party to it, Romney is the candidate so he was chosen in a lawful manner.
    I really am getting so sick of these arguments I would like to vomit, I liked Cain, Cain dropped out and Romney got the popular support, I guess I could take the position that I am smarter than anyone else and not except the winning candidate but If I want to live in a democratic republic I need to except the system and remember I represent a vote and everyone else's vote is just as valid as mine.
    You want to sit it out because you don't like Romney than don't start whining around me when we become more like Venezuela because you helped special order it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There are always some that will take their dolly and go home when they find out it isn't up to them to select their personal favorite as a nominee, I for one will not support or throw the vote to a Marxist, this is the legacy some of us want to leave our children I won't be a party to it, Romney is the candidate so he was chosen in a lawful manner.
    I really am getting so sick of these arguments I would like to vomit, I liked Cain, Cain dropped out and Romney got the popular support, I guess I could take the position that I am smarter than anyone else and not except the winning candidate but If I want to live in a democratic republic I need to except the system and remember I represent a vote and everyone else's vote is just as valid as mine.
    You want to sit it out because you don't like Romney than don't start whining around me when we become more like Venezuela because you helped special order it.
    Let me tell you something.You will never hear me whine about anything and don't think for a second that you are qualified to lecture me about anything, especially the right to vote. I am a US citizen just like you and a retired veteran, I have earned the right to be where I am at. The bottom line is this. I will vote for whoever I want, when I want and I don't care what you want. I am sick and tired of Pseudo Conservatives running around yapping and squealing like party lap dogs spreading their "lesser than two evils" bullshit.

    There is no such thing as the "lesser of two evils". It is either evil or it isn't, It's either valid or it isn't, Romney is either a Conservative or he isn't-Get it? I refuse to vote for someone who doesn't agree with my core values just because you or the Republican party say's so. Romney wouldn't even be the candidate if we had any real leadership in the Republican party. I am suppose to vote for Romney because the party can't pull their heads out of their collective asses and field a conservative candidate for once. They sure as hell don't do anything else.

    Like I said. I will research Romney and take a look at his views on different issues. I may find that he is an acceptable candidate after all, and I hope I do. If that be the case I will vote for him. If he doesn't measure up then I won't vote for him. Let me be clear on this. The vote we are talking is mine,it doesn't belong to Romney, you or the Republican party.Besides I have earned it,believe me. I will cast it as I see fit. If I choose not to vote for Romney then so be it, it is not a decision I will make lightly.

    If Obama get's reelected then that's the way it goes. I don't like the man anymore then anyone else but if the majority of the American people choose him we just have to accept it. The world is not going to come crashing down, have a little faith. As Americans we have the freedom of choice and if I choose not to vote for Romney I would expect that other Americans and Conservatives would at least acknowledge my right to choose even if they don't agree with my choice.
    Last edited by Bondai; 07-28-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    4,942
    Any one refusing to see the lesser of two evils hasn't ever experienced real evil.









    Is this DU64 rebranded?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Any one refusing to see the lesser of two evils hasn't ever experienced real evil.









    Is this DU64 rebranded?
    You are incorrect. No matter how much you would like me to buy into your comment I can't, when it comes to evil there is no gray area, there is no middle ground. There are no degrees of evil. Believing that someone or something can be a little bit evil is like saying a woman can be a little bit pregnant.
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondai View Post
    There is no such thing as the "lesser of two evils". It is either evil or it isn't, It's either valid or it isn't, Romney is either a Conservative or he isn't-Get it? I refuse to vote for someone who doesn't agree with my core values just because you or the Republican party say's so. Romney wouldn't even be the candidate if we had any real leadership in the Republican party. I am suppose to vote for Romney because the party can't pull their heads out of their collective asses and field a conservative candidate for once. They sure as hell don't do anything else.
    First of all, I don't think the lesser of two evils phrase is meant to be taken literally.

    Secondly, you are all over the place in this thread. Here is how you started: "To this day when I wake up one of the first things that crosses my mind is why in the hell did the American people put Obama in office."

    Vote however you want. Frankly I don't give a shit. But if you don't, at the minimum, vote for the candidate that has the best chance to defeat Obama this November (and yes, that's Romney), please don't wake up on November 7th and ask yourself that question again. And please don't post negatively about the Obama administration during his next term because by not voting for the only viable candidate to defeat him, you put him there.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    I think Romney is a good and decent man. But he is still a RINO. I could go into detail, but a dont think its necessary. Im still voting for him because the alternative ... is unthinkable. Absolutely w/o reservation unthinkale. I mean 4 more years? As a lame duck?? I mean absolutely NO guard rails whatsoever? Sorry, as much as I detest RINOs I just cannot take the destruction of this country, its constitution and our society anymore. I just cant.

    As as bad as Romney is... hes still better than McVain. That said, we must get rid of the marxist first. Then we can deal with the GOP weasels. And ... weve got to take back the Senate while retaining the House. Get rid of the RINOs like Boehner then PUSH Romney to the right. Its a very long road ahead. Its goin to take several elections. But we've got to get rid of 0'dummy and his socialist/ commie party and find conservative leaders who can articulate whats really going on here.

    One step at a time.
    I agree with you. After I finish my research and take a good look at Mr. Romney I may find that we are not that far apart on issues. I understand as well as anybody that elections have consequences. I also understand that Obama is bad for America. This is not directed at you by the way. The problem I have is with people telling me I have to vote party line no matter what. That I have to abandon my core values for the common good. Common good? we are not living in some collective utopia. As a free American I will exercise my right to choose, any decision I make will not be made lightly and I am prepared to accept the consequences of my decision. It really isn't up to anyone to approve or disapprove. I will live life and make decisions as I see fit and I would expect others to do the same.
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    First of all, I don't think the lesser of two evils phrase is meant to be taken literally.

    Secondly, you are all over the place in this thread. Here is how you started: "To this day when I wake up one of the first things that crosses my mind is why in the hell did the American people put Obama in office."

    Vote however you want. Frankly I don't give a shit. But if you don't, at the minimum, vote for the candidate that has the best chance to defeat Obama this November (and yes, that's Romney), please don't wake up on November 7th and ask yourself that question again. And please don't post negatively about the Obama administration during his next term because by not voting for the only viable candidate to defeat him, you put him there.
    First of all, I don't think the lesser of two evils phrase is meant to be taken literally.
    Is that what you really think? Because if it is you haven't been paying attention to American politics.

    All over the place you say? Work on your reading skills....and then I stated in the same sentence. " or maybe I do and I just don't want to admit it." Maybe you would like to read it again because the entire post is quite clear. Yea your right, one vote put Obama in office. Don't tell me how and what to post, you crack me up.
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •