1. #1 Christian Chick Lit 
    This is not really my favorite genre, but I finished reading two novels out of an eventual trilogy that I really enjoyed. The books are The Reluctant Prophet and Unexpected Dismounts. It's about a woman that God tells to buy a Harley and see where it takes her. She ends up founding a ministry for protstitutes, adopting a kid and dealing with a psycho-ex boyfriend and wondering about a guy she really has the hots for, but who doesn't share her faith.

Mostly why I don't read Christian fiction is that all the books seem to be about prairie girls and their farmer men, at least when I am literally judging the book by the cover. Unless it's about my distant cousin Laura and her family, the 1800s prairie stuff bores me.

Power CUer
    You know a lot about a genre that I did not, until this moment, know existed.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I see quite a few of the books at the Amish restaurants/fruit & veggie places here. Detweiler's, a place with a small deli and fresh fruits & veggies, has a rack of those books by the deli counter. I admit that I haven't been tempted to buy one. There is even a greater selection at Troyer's/Amish Heritage, which has a huge restaurant and very large gift shop on the second floor, where they have the largest selection of those Vera Bradley purses in Sarasota (that's not really saying all that much).

Again, I haven't been tempted yet, but have 2 paperbacks to read that a very nice lady gave me at the physical therapy place. It's like a little social club there. It's been very enlightening there. It's easing the fear of growing older that I'm sure all of us had (or they wouldn't sell that much botox). I've seen such active, literate people in their 80's and even a couple 90 year olds. BTW, I don't believe in botox, hate that stretched out, distorted look. Maybe they just have some bad folks here administering those shots, but not for me,
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

A friend of mine from church does the librarian duties a couple times a month. I'm not much into this genre either but she is so sweet and really wanted to help me find something and recommended Emerald Windows by Terri Blackstock. I've read the first chapter only as I've been a bit sick with a cold/fever/ugh. Luckily I don't think it's a trilogy. I hope it's good because I don't want to have to tell my friend I didn't like it.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Banned
    I love Karen Kingsberry she is amazing writer I love all of her work