Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Problems with Firefox 
    I haven't been able to get any sound thru my speakers since I last updated firefox. Im forced to use IE to watch my videos and clips. Ive been told to uninstall and reinstall adobe flash and have done it now several times with the same result, failure.

Anybody have an idea? I hate using IE.

right click on the speaker symbol in the bottom right hand of your screen, this should open up a menu from which you chose volume control options, there should be a separate slider for your firefox volume.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    right click on the speaker symbol in the bottom right hand of your screen, this should open up a menu from which you chose volume control options, there should be a separate slider for your firefox volume.
    I just double-checked that. It was on and I just tried to play a link in another thread. Still doesn't work.

Right click on the little speaker.
    Left click on Playback Devices.
    Right click on Speakers.
    Click on Test.

If it works, set Speakers as default. Mine quit once when default was set to something I didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Right click on the little speaker.
    Left click on Playback Devices.
    Right click on Speakers.
    Click on Test.

If it works, set Speakers as default. Mine quit once when default was set to something I didn't have.
    Already done..... Still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Already done..... Still nothing.
    This is interesting. You get nothing, when you test. I am assuming you see the green column modulating up & down that indicates a signal is being sent.
    Can you go back to Speakers; then properties; then controller information properties and the computer will tell you whether the controller is operating properly. Mine says device status - "Operating properly"

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    This is interesting. You get nothing, when you test. I am assuming you see the green column modulating up & down that indicates a signal is being sent.
    Can you go back to Speakers; then properties; then controller information properties and the computer will tell you whether the controller is operating properly. Mine says device status - "Operating properly"
    Nope, speakers work fine. Sound is good in IE and in other programs. I just dont have sound while in firefox.

Install Chrome . If it solves the prob uninstall Firefox.. Chrome is faster and works real well with Windows 7.

I'm using Opera as my default browser these days. No offense but I won't let Chrome near my machine. I've divorced Google except for rare emergencies.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I'm using Opera as my default browser these days. No offense but I won't let Chrome near my machine. I've divorced Google except for rare emergencies.
    Opera is a very good choice, I use both Opera and Firefox and if I need a Trident based browser (IE) to open a difficult page I use Lunascape.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg