Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 ASTONISHING: Rep. Rangel Calls Palin 'Disabled 
    I wish I could meet Charlie Rangel. I am so furious; this is reprehensible!

ASTONISHING: Rep. Rangel Calls Palin 'Disabled'

Embattled Politician: It's Laughable That GOP VP Nominee Bases Foreign Policy On Being Able To See Russia
    Republicans Infuriated; Rep. King Blasts Rangel

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Already under fire for his tax troubles, Manhattan Congressman Charles Rangel really put his foot in his mouth on Friday.

In a CBS 2 HD exclusive interview, Rep. Rangel called Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin "disabled."

The question was simple: Why are the Democrats so afraid of Palin and her popularity?

The answer was astonishing.

"You got to be kind to the disabled," Rangel said.

That's right. The chairman of the powerful House Ways & Means Committee called Palin disabled -- even when CBS 2 HD called him on it.

CBS 2 HD: "You got to be kind to the disabled?"

Rangel: "Yes."

CBS 2 HD: "She's disabled?"

Rangel: "There's no question about it politically. It's a nightmare to think that a person's foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live.

Republicans think Rangel's comments are insulting as well as shocking.

"Charlie Rangel's comments are clearly disgraceful," Rep. Peter King, R-Long Island, said. "This is just another liberal Democrat who can't accept an independent woman running for president."

King, who is co-chair of the McCain-Palin campaign in New York, watched Rangel's comments with CBS 2 HD. He was particularly upset because Palin's 4-month-old son, Trig, is disabled. He has Down's syndrome.

"We should be sensitive to her or any woman who has a child or family member who has any affliction at all," King said. "And so to use the word disabled in the context of a female candidate for vice president who has a child who is disabled really is wrong. Charlie owes her and the entire disabled community and apology."

Advocates for the disabled are also upset.

"It makes me feel as if he's trying to put her down, trying to say she's not good for the presidency or the vice presidency," said Michael Imperiale of Disabled In Action Of Metropolitan N.Y.

"A disabled president ran this country. He was disabled. His name was Roosevelt."

A spokesman for the McCain-Palin campaign also piled on, saying that this kind of rhetoric has no place in politics.

Advocates for the disabled are also upset.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why, but this made me laugh so hard. :D:D:D

(Yes, I'm going to hell.)

All DIMS and LIBS should be proud of this human excrement. Afterall, he is one of their longterm shining stars, a typical lifetime liberal criminal politician.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Rangel: "There's no question about it politically. It's a nightmare to think that a person's foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live.
    Uhmmmm, Charlie, that was a skit on SNL :eek:

(These guys are running our Congress now? No wonder the economy's in the crapper :p)

It's a nightmare to think this imbecile holds political office. :eek:

Vice President Palin will have something to call him soon: "unemployed."
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

I think Rangel is the poster child showing the difference between the two parties.

When the GOP has one of their own go off the reservation as he has this week, (tax fraud and now this) they have a quiet talk and he steps down.

The DEMs will close ranks and claim persecution.

Yeah, Rangel is a piece of fecal matter stuck on the bottom of the nations shoe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    It's a nightmare to think this imbecile holds political office. :eek:
    Many in the black cacus like M. Waters fit that bill. Can not understand why Rep. Jefferson of LA trial has not started. What the hell is Bush and the Justice Dept. waiting for.

I can see Russia from my house!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why, but this made me laugh so hard. :D:D:D

(Yes, I'm going to hell.)
    Framdammit! You made me laugh at that! :mad:
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana