Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I was reading this morning that a bunch of conservatives and right wing groups are saying that was nothing but a leftist political message. They paid $42 million dollars to have that done, and it was the biggest, from what they said, 'Stupefied' opening they have ever seen.

I personally thought it was nothing but a snooze fest. The highlights for me was the 'Chariots of fire' bit, and Sir Paul McCartney. Of course seeing America enter the arena and listening to the loud rumble of cheers for them was awesome as well.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

The big Cheese
    Looking forward to the lifting and throwing events.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I was reading this morning that a bunch of conservatives and right wing groups are saying that was nothing but a leftist political message. They paid $42 million dollars to have that done, and it was the biggest, from what they said, 'Stupefied' opening they have ever seen.

I personally thought it was nothing but a snooze fest. The highlights for me was the 'Chariots of fire' bit, and Sir Paul McCartney. Of course seeing America enter the arena and listening to the loud rumble of cheers for them was awesome as well.
    I missed the lighting of the Olympic cauldron. I fell asleep. SR kept trying to wake me up. My favorites were the queen bit and Paul McCartney's finale. The bit on British pop music was a silly mish mash.

Their description of their former power as an industrial nation was indeed a tribute to the left---from the posturing of the capitalists as silly and vain, with the cigar stuck at an angle in the "rich guys" mouth to the exaggerated dirtiness and drabness of the working class. It was indeed leftist propaganda of the worst kind.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I really liked the Chariots of fire bit. I am looking forward to seeing Sir Paul McCartney perform!
    I have to agree...Rowan Atkinson doesn't have to say one word and he's one of the funniest comedians on Earth just using facial expresions.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I was in and out of the living room during the opening ceremonies, because I was doing laundry and such.

I liked the forging of the rings, the fireworks, and all that. Some of the british history parts were kind of boring. The part with the villains from children's literature was cool (the huge, inflatable Voldemort looked like something I saw at a Pink Floyd concert), but I thought that the NBC commentators were stupid for not being able to recognize the child catcher from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". At several points, I yelled "shut up" at the tv because Brian Williams and company were annoying the hell out of me.

Sir Paul looks pretty good for a guy who, if not already 70 years old, is pretty close to that age.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I was in and out of the living room during the opening ceremonies, because I was doing laundry and such.

I liked the forging of the rings, the fireworks, and all that. Some of the british history parts were kind of boring. The part with the villains from children's literature was cool (the huge, inflatable Voldemort looked like something I saw at a Pink Floyd concert), but I thought that the NBC commentators were stupid for not being able to recognize the child catcher from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". At several points, I yelled "shut up" at the tv because Brian Williams and company were annoying the hell out of me.

Sir Paul looks pretty good for a guy who, if not already 70 years old, is pretty close to that age.
    Sir Paul is one of my favorite artists of all time. For, me, he would sound great any time. That was a great highlight to see him perform.

The lighting of the cauldron was pretty awesome, too.

I agree, Zathras. I was laughing through that whole 'Chariots of fire' bit. It was great.

The biggest shocker was when Brian Williams actually said that Romney did a great job getting the 2002 Olympics ready.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _