Thread: Disgraced Penn State President Hired by Obama Administration for Top Secret National

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Disgraced Penn State President Hired by Obama Administration for Top Secret National 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Washington Post:
    Graham Spanier might have been ousted from his post at the helm of Penn State over the sex-abuse scandal that engulfed the university, but it seems he’s found a backup employer: the American taxpayer.

Only a disgraced public figure would consider joining the much-maligned ranks of the federal workforce as a step up, reputation-wise. We can assume there were no openings for a used-car salesman.

Spanier was faulted in an internal Penn State report after the conviction on child-molestation charges of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky. The report said he, head coach Joe Paterno and others helped cover up Sandusky’s abuse.

His lawyer confirms to the Loop that Spanier is working on a part-time consulting basis for a “top-secret” agency on national security issues. But the gig is so hush-hush, he couldn’t even tell his attorneys the name of the agency. In April — months after his ouster as president but before the release of the internal report — he told the Patriot-News of central Pennsylvania that he was working on a “special project for the U.S. government relating [to] national security.”

But who’s he working for? The CIA? Homeland Security? Or maybe just a dull consulting firm with a government contract?

“I have no idea,”says his lawyer, Peter Vaira. “We know the work is in security and he’s prohibited from disclosing which agency or agencies he’s working for.”
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Don't get me started on Spanier. I know the man, and yes, he is a major douchebag. I totally loathe that man.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Story sounds like a goof but I think I found him:

Be Not Afraid.

Birds of a feather...

It seems like he's good at covering things up, so he'll fit right in with the Obama Administration.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Don't get me started on Spanier. I know the man, and yes, he is a major douchebag. I totally loathe that man.
    Glad to have independent confirmation. My father was in high level administration at Penn State years ago, and was not impressed with Spanier at all.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Glad to have independent confirmation. My father was in high level administration at Penn State years ago, and was not impressed with Spanier at all.
    I had the misfortune of talking to Spanier one time, I actually spoke with him a couple of times. But this was one of the days I saw him walking around campus. He was passing out flyers to all the students and staff for the obama 2008 campaign. (He was a huge supporter for obama in 2008). He was standing beside a trash can when he handed one to me, I looked at it, looked at him, crumbled it up, and threw it in the can. He gave me a look like he was shooting spears out his eyes. I didn't get into a political debate with him there because there were other people around, and I didn't want to make a huge scene.

He use to also constantly send emails out to students and staff about how great obama is, and how we should all vote for him because of how the PSU union will benefit from it. I replied to him saying that I am anti-union and that he is nothing but a shill for stupidity. I never received another obama email from him again (I did receive some other 'more important' emails from him though).

He got into a little bit of trouble when Taylor Swift came to the Jordon Center in 2009. I'm not sure what it was for, but there was a rumor going around that he was groping her. I can't confirm that as true, but with how much of a douchebag he is, I wouldn't put it past him.

Spanier was the one who actually broke PA state law. According to the law, lower level employees may report child abuse up the chain, but it's upper management who then takes on that responsibility to report the abuse to the police.

So Graham Spanier BROKE THE LAW and now he's working on Homeland Security-type stuff?

Do the insults to ordinary Americans EVER end?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Spanier was the one who actually broke PA state law. According to the law, lower level employees may report child abuse up the chain, but it's upper management who then takes on that responsibility to report the abuse to the police.

So Graham Spanier BROKE THE LAW and now he's working on Homeland Security-type stuff?

Do the insults to ordinary Americans EVER end?
    Exactly. When something happens on campus, you have to go through the chain of command when reporting it, or you will risk losing your job.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I had the misfortune of talking to Spanier one time, I actually spoke with him a couple of times. But this was one of the days I saw him walking around campus. He was passing out flyers to all the students and staff for the obama 2008 campaign. (He was a huge supporter for obama in 2008). He was standing beside a trash can when he handed one to me, I looked at it, looked at him, crumbled it up, and threw it in the can. He gave me a look like he was shooting spears out his eyes. I didn't get into a political debate with him there because there were other people around, and I didn't want to make a huge scene.

He use to also constantly send emails out to students and staff about how great obama is, and how we should all vote for him because of how the PSU union will benefit from it. I replied to him saying that I am anti-union and that he is nothing but a shill for stupidity. I never received another obama email from him again (I did receive some other 'more important' emails from him though).

He got into a little bit of trouble when Taylor Swift came to the Jordon Center in 2009. I'm not sure what it was for, but there was a rumor going around that he was groping her. I can't confirm that as true, but with how much of a douchebag he is, I wouldn't put it past him.
    Using a public university's e-mail system to promote a political campaign sounds like a violation of the law. Do you still have any of those e-mails? If nothing else, it would be nice to put out to the Penn State folks who no longer have any chance at post season play for the next four years and remind them who is responsible, and who he supported in 2008. In fact, isn't Pennsylvania currently a toss up in the presidential race?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!