1. #1 Obama Laments Debt, But Promises Billions for Anti-Poverty Program 
    Obama Laments Debt, But Promises Billions for Anti-Poverty Program

by FOXNews.com
    Friday, September 19, 2008
    By Bill Sammon

Barack Obama, who lamented Friday that “we have not managed our federal budget with any kind of discipline,” is nonetheless promising to spend $50 billion on a United Nations anti-poverty program that critics say will drive up American debt.

>>>

“Obama and Biden will embrace the Millennium Development Goal of cutting extreme poverty around the world in half by 2015, and they will double our foreign assistance to $50 billion to achieve that goal,” the candidates vow in their campaign platform.

>>>

But in December, Obama also sponsored the Global Poverty Act which, if passed, would require the president to commit to cutting global poverty in half by 2015. Critics say that would cost American taxpayers $845 billion
    Obama, the fiscal wizard...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Power CUer
    Anti-poverty program? Didn't we already have one of those?

(And look at all the good it did.)

But what is he going to do about the exteme poverty that he claims is about to hit the U.S. because of the mishandling of the economy by republicans? I suspect that raising taxes is not going to do a lot to restore the economy back to the way it was a few years ago. Is this a case of talk locally but act globally?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    But Obama will tax us into oblivion!

I guess bailing out poor minorities is better than bailing out rich white people.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    I guess bailing out poor minorities is better than bailing out rich white people.
    I guess bailing out either is a lot smarter than making sure we keep our country.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.