Thread: Chen Guanming

1. #1 Chen Guanming 
    Now I hate to call anyone a liar but this story has a lot of holes in it and I don't know where to start looking for the fabricator.

One story says 60,000 km in one paragraph and then 140,000 km a few lines later. Given that the earth's circumference is only 40,000 km and the start and finish of this journey are in the same hemisphere makes me want to go Hmmmmm? Another source only uses the 140,000 km version.

It's not like Eurasia hasn't been crossed by bicycle before. Here is an example set by a few musicians. BTW - the routes noted here cover closer to 13,000 km and the trip took just over one year. Maybe somebody like NBC inserted a zero?

Last edited by Retread; 07-29-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

The sign behind him say's 140000 kilometers. Signs don't lie.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Did NBC print the sign?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.