Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I think he vibrates at a different wave length or something, he seams to speak English but I think maybe the words mean something different to him.
    I think he has been reading Ron Paul books too much.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I think he vibrates at a different wave length or something, he seams to speak English but I think maybe the words mean something different to him.
    Which part?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Parish View Post
    They dont really adhere to any political ideology; or any that differs from any major ideology that is acceptable in our current society (democracy, equal rights, et al).They take positions based on law, and only based on law (their interpretation of it.)

Example:

Gun Control

Updated: 7/8/2008
    The Second Amendment provides: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

ACLU POSITION*
    Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right. For seven decades, the Supreme Court's 1939 decision in United States v. Miller was widely understood to have endorsed that view

Where confusion ensues sometimes, though, is they take collective positions, as well as individual...

and as, with our country seemingly divided by such rhetoric as: 'Dems - collective', 'Repubs - individualistic', the ACLU is seen to favor both major parties, at times.

They seem to adhere more to a collectivist interpretation than an individualistic one, though. So, this may also take part in your perspective of them.

Which part?
    There you go again. Posting something from 2008. *smacks head off wall*

AND LOOKING AT THEIR POSITIONS TELLS YOU THAT THEY ARE LEFT WING!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    There you go again. Posting something from 2008. *smacks head off wall*

AND LOOKING AT THEIR POSITIONS TELLS YOU THAT THEY ARE LEFT WING!!!!
    Wow. Its not really even about that part. Way to make it the focal point.

Dude stated that I stated that they were shills for the Repub and Dem parties. You're not even with us, man.

Wow. Its not really even about that part. Way to make it the focal point.

Dude stated that I stated that they were shills for the Repub and Dem parties. You're not even with us, man.
    You said they are unbiased. They aren't...

Banned
    Free speech is the only issue I have seen them help the right with. Everything else is left wing ideology.
    Like fighting the administrations directives to our military to assassinate our citizens and indefinitely detain them without charge or trial?

Naw, lol, thats a conservative position... and a very serious one.

Banned
    You said they are unbiased. They aren't...

When did I say that?

Like fighting the administrations directives to our military to assassinate our citizens and indefinitely detain them without charge or trial?

Naw, lol, thats a conservative position... and a very serious one.
    Oh my god. You are doing the same thing here as you did at the cave. I am done. You are giving me a headache. You can go back to your Ron Paul site now. *smacks head off the wall*

Banned

Kicking y'all as**s?

Ehh.. its a habit. (;

Free speech is the only issue I have seen them help the right with. Everything else is left wing ideology.
    Freedom of speech and religion. They're not unbiased, but they're not what they're deemed to be.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/may/22.64.html

For example, in 2001, the group interceded with a school district in Michigan that had deleted a high school senior's yearbook entry because she included a Bible verse. In 2002, the ACLU filed a brief on behalf of a pastor associated with Operation Rescue who was prevented from participating in a parade because his pro-life poster showed a photograph of an aborted baby. And last September, the organization joined a lawsuit on behalf of a New Jersey second-grader who was not allowed to sing "Awesome God" in a school talent show. (All of these examples are easily accessible on several Web pages now devoted to defending the ACLU 's record on Christianity.)
    http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/

Some of these are related to freedom of speech and some of it is more religion. They've defended Christians preaching in a public park. They defended a librarian who didn't want to promote Harry Potter for religious reasons. They actually defended Christians who wanted to protest against them at a public school.

ACLU defends gun rights.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...w=1014&bih=604

ACLU defending corporations?

http://www.aclu.org/free-speech/aclu...itizens-united

Oh, and fyi, I don't agree with this one. I think corporations and activists groups should be banned from donating to campaigns simply because they're preventing candidates from being truly supportive of the people as a whole. JMO.