Thread: Pro life or pro choice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Pro life or pro choice 
    Banned
    In a huge debate with a few coworkers over the fact that abortion is murder but how do I explain to hard headed Libs that they wrong?
    Most of them think that it is just blobs of tissue and life only begins after birth but I can only give my points so many times.
    Thanks everyone

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgrunt View Post
    In a huge debate with a few coworkers over the fact that abortion is murder but how do I explain to hard headed Libs that they wrong?
    Most of them think that it is just blobs of tissue and life only begins after birth but I can only give my points so many times.
    Thanks everyone
    You're at work. It's not worth it.

But in any case, it would depend on the argument.

Blobs of tissue - It has arms, legs, a heart, and a developing brain. That's not a blob of tissue.

Life only begins after birth - This is probably based on the argument of so called viability. The baby may very well be viable by the seventh or at least the 8th month. Next, the argument doesn't even make sense. If you need to live on your own to be a person, then what about people who are living with the help of a machine? Choicers are like "Well, that's different because they're not living off of somebody else's body." Uh, either you're a person or you're not one. It makes no difference if you're living off of somebody else's body.

So now, we're into arguments that one shouldn't have to give up their body for the embryo/fetus. I can actually go for that argument in countries where maternal morality is extremely high, but not here.

And as my former boss in sales used to tell me, you can't get everybody.

But in any case, do not argue at work. It'll cause more trouble than it's worth.
    Last edited by Lanie; 07-29-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: can't spell.

Banned
    We are having this debate because of the job is in the medical field so it is perfectly fine and it passes long nights in the hospital

Ask them this:

If a single living cell were found on another planet, would you call it life and consider it precious and worth saving?

I call it murder because life begins at conception.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born. I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 139:13 ~ "For you eformed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb."

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I call it murder because life begins at conception.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born. I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 139:13 ~ "For you eformed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb."
    Very great point I only recently became a Christian I appreciate those verses.

There are numerous verses I appreciate. I can get lost in the bible reading them over and over again.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Thanks everyone
    I'm a cynic at heart and this little thread isn't passing the smell test. I'm smelling a mole here.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm a cynic at heart and this little thread isn't passing the smell test. I'm smelling a mole here.
    Yeah something isn't quite right but I can't quite put my finger on it.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg