Thread: Move over, Al Gore:

1. #1 Move over, Al Gore: 
    John McCain invented the BlackBerry

A McCain campaign staffer attributes the creation of the technological device to the work of the Senate commerce committee -- of which McCain is a veteran member.

September 17, 2008

John McCain may not be a BlackBerry user. But Tuesday, one of his aides was ready to give the Republican presidential nominee credit for one of the technological marvels of the modern age.

In a comment that brought to mind the 2000 presidential campaign flap over whether Al Gore had invented the Internet, McCain's senior policy advisor said the candidate was responsible for the BlackBerry.

Douglas Holtz-Eakin held up his little device to show reporters in Miami as he sought to explain why McCain was qualified to lead the nation out of its economic morass.

"He did this," Holtz-Eakin said. "The premier innovation in the past 15 years comes right from the commerce committee. So, you're looking at the miracle that John McCain helped create."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,7962227.story
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Douglas Holtz-Eakin:

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

You're as desperate as blinky. McCain announced that his staffer was making a boneheaded joke.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Eyelids
    This is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    McCain announced that his staffer was making a boneheaded joke.
    Yeah - wasn’t his economic adviser, Carly Fiorina, doing the same thing?

Come to think of it, when I talk about you,I call you a boneheaded joke.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Come to think of it, when I talk about you,I call you a boneheaded joke.
    Wow. Powerful and insightful retort. :eek:

Now if McCain can just hypnotize a duck, we'll be all set.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Resident Grump
    Osama's (Sorry..Obama's) gaffes

Obama needs UN lessons!
    Obama again calls for UN Security Council to denounce Russia!!! It's embarrassing to see that Obama does not know that Moscow has a Veto power and this will not happen. This is the second time, in one month, he has called for UN to denounce Russia!! I guess his 300 foreign policy advisors have not taught him well
    Last May, he claimed that tornadoes in Kansas killed a whopping 10,000 people: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.
    Earlier this month in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States: “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”

Last week, in front of a roaring Sioux Falls, S.D., audience, Obama exulted: “Thank you, Sioux City. ... I said it wrong. I’ve been in Iowa for too long. I’m sorry.”

Explaining last week why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky, Obama again botched basic geography: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?
    Oh this one is a classic

Earlier this month in Cape Girardeau, Mo., Obama showed off his knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by homing in on a lack of translators: “We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” The real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.
    And oh dear...someone needs a history book

On Friday Barack Obama spelled out his Latin America policy [snip]:

Since the Bush Administration launched a misguided war in Iraq, its policy in the Americas has been negligent toward our friends, ineffective with our adversaries, disinterested in the challenges that matter in peoples' lives, and incapable of advancing our interests in the region.

No wonder, then, that demagogues like Hugo Chavez have stepped into this vacuum.
    This is pathetic. Hugo Chavez came to power during the Clinton Administration, and was first elected President of Venezuela in 1998, two years before the Bush Administration took office.

LP..STFU.

Banned
    You're as desperate as blinky. McCain announced that his staffer was making a boneheaded joke.
    Don't tell me that the left wing liberal moon-bat partisan crazies at the LA Times would distort the truth. What is this world coming to? A big fat zero news report. Look for their next interesting topic; does he use Charmin or Scott toilet paper which will be part 2 of their crappy story.