1. #1 Berenstain Bears Flip Off Chick-Fil-A 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021050347

joeybee12 (37,834 posts)

View profile

Berenstain Bears Flip Off Chick-Fil-A
    Comments by the CEO of the fast food chain Chick-fil-A opposing same-sex marriage continued to reverberate for a second week, drawing the beloved children’s book figures the Berenstain Bears into the controversy.

Dan Cathy, CEO of fast food chain Chick-fil-A, told the Biblical Recorder on July 16, "We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives.” The fallout was immediate.

The Jim Henson Co., which until recently furnished the restaurant chain with "Jim Henson's Creature Shop Puppet Kids Meal Toys," spoke out against the chicken sandwich restaurant on Facebook: “Lisa Henson, our CEO, is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we receive from Chick-fil-A to (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation).”

(Chick-fil-A then said it had pulled the puppets from the meals because of safety concerns.)

Chick-fil-A replaced the Muppet toys with Berenstain Bears books, but the Berenstain family doesn’t appear thrilled to be associated with Chick-fil-A either. A statement on the company web site said the books’ publisher, HarperCollins, has been working on this marketing project for more than a year.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...ick-fil-a?lite
    Gotta make everything about teh ghey, don't they? Even beloved children's books. Note the dishonesty, too. The Berenstain Bears did NOT "flip off" anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021050347

Gotta make everything about teh ghey, don't they? Even beloved children's books. Note the dishonesty, too. The Berenstain Bears did NOT "flip off" anyone.
    It has been said before but it bears repeating, many in the homosexual movement want more that simply tolerance and acceptance. They want to destroy anyone one who disagrees with them. They are becoming/have become the image of what they railed against... intolerant bigots.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It has been said before but it bears repeating, many in the homosexual movement want more that simply tolerance and acceptance. They want to destroy anyone one who disagrees with them. They are becoming/have become the image of what they railed against... intolerant bigots.
    And you want to know whats sad? we are allowing this to happen, if it were just gays they'd have not enough power to create this amount of trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    And you want to know whats sad? we are allowing this to happen, if it were just gays they'd have not enough power to create this amount of trouble
    I'm not sure if it is heterosexual guilt or some mutated form of Stockholm Syndrome.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis