Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DU is not representative of America any more 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 07:21 AM
    NNN0LHI

DU is not representative of America any more

When I landed here over ten years ago it was.

But after Bush became president I tried warning posters here and friends I knew what was about to happen and what to do about it because I had survived through something very similar during 8 years of Reagan and I was well aware what was about to happen and I began to prepare for it early on.

My wife and I went from upper middle class to dirt poor during the 1980's so it was like deja vu to my wife and I. And when I say poor, I mean poor. Real poor. Welfare poor. Soup kitchen and food stamp poor. That poor. So we were pretty sure what was coming.

When Bush became president we were prepared for what was about to happen. Tried telling our two grown children what was about to happen too. One listened. One didn't. The one who listened did pretty good for herself. The one who didn't ended up bankrupt and in deep stuff with no end in sight for her. I had friends and family who I tried to tell too. Some of them listened and held their own. Some of them ignored what I was trying to tell them and they kept spending like it couldn't ever end for them. But it ended.

Same thing happened at DU. We used to have a lot of blue collar middle class posters here. But most of them are gone now. They lost their homes. Their Internet connections. They lost everything. And they are all pretty much gone from DU now.

Most of those posters stopped posting here over ten years ago. It wasn't their fault. They just didn't understand what was coming. Maybe they were too young? Or they weren't really effected by the 1980's and never thought it could happen to them until it was too late.

The majority of DUers we have left here now are upper middle class white collar workers who were able to weather the initial storm and hold on until now. But even some of them are in trouble now.

That is what happened.

Don

Thanks Don!!! I can always count on one of you losers for an early morning giggle!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Maybe "everyone" from ten years ago is gone from DU either because they got tired of it, or as a result of the last ten years of ritual executions on that board by the prozac and pizza club?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Maybe "everyone" from ten years ago is gone from DU either because they got tired of it, or as a result of the last ten years of ritual executions on that board by the prozac and pizza club?
    I think...most of the "old hands" got banned in 2008 for being supporters of Hillary...even after Obam haad the nomination tied up.

The ones that survived did so by keeping their view on who should have gotten the nomination to themselves...IMHO I think others got a little disillusioned with the place after that and just stopped posting.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I think...most of the "old hands" got banned in 2008 for being supporters of Hillary...even after Obam haad the nomination tied up.

The ones that survived did so by keeping their view on who should have gotten the nomination to themselves...IMHO I think others got a little disillusioned with the place after that and just stopped posting.
    I was banned from Free Republic and DU for speaking the truth. That's the real problem. That there is a commonality there is no accident: extremes are closer to each other than the center.

I was banned from Free Republic and DU for speaking the truth. That's the real problem. That there is a commonality there is no accident: extremes are closer to each other than the center.
    You getting banned at FR is as shocking as me announcing I'd been banned from DU...seriously.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

My lot in life has improved each decade no matter who the President was. My income has stagnated under Obama but it hasn't gotten any worse. Don needs to seriously get with the program and stop tying his and his families success to who is in office.

My success it tied to my Creator. I trust Him more that I do people.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You getting banned at FR is as shocking as me announcing I'd been banned from DU...seriously.
    I was banned from FR for posting in the Catholic Forum that the Sisters Of Perpetual Indulgence are a charitable fund raising group. The SPI are indeed a charitable group.

I was banned from DU for saying that Islam is a cancer. It is.

I'm guessing the lack of details in the DUmmie's post about what happened has to do with it being totally fabricated.

Keep that in mind when people ask your opinion of CU. We disagree with you on many issues, but you've always been free to express them.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    I'm guessing the lack of details in the DUmmie's post about what happened has to do with it being totally fabricated.
    There may be a kernal of truth to this bouncy tale. Lots of people on DU let politics soak into every aspect of their life. Losing an election could be so devastating to a DUmmie and they get so depressed that they don't do their best at work, don't pay bills on time, etc. As in "what's the point?" kind of thinking.

Answer to that problem is STOP IT!

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.