1. #1 Oregon University Hosts Talk by Notorious Holocaust Denier, Amid Protest 
    Oregon University Hosts Talk by Notorious Holocaust Denier, Amid Protest
    Monday, June 09, 2008

By Joseph Abrams
    FOX NEWS

The University of Oregon will play host Monday night to Holocaust denier David Irving, prompting protests from a local rights group.

The Pacifica Forum, a group that holds weekly meetings on the university’s campus in Euguene, Ore., has invited Irving to make an address about free speech. Irving's presentation is part of a nationwide tour which includes what he calls the "real history" of Adolf Hitler and Heinrich Himmler. Irving is the third accused Holocaust denier who will have spoken to the group on campus.

“They cross the line into being anti-Semitic — they create such a comfortable environment for bigotry,” said Michael Williams, a board member of the Community Alliance of Lane County, a local social-justice group.

Williams is helping organize a Monday-night protest vigil against Irving, a prolific historian who has stated that there were no gas chambers in Auschwitz and routinely downplays the number of Jews killed during the Holocaust.

Off topic but, doesn't this guy look an awful lot like Josef Fritzl, the guy that held his daughter captive for 24 years in his basement?

This is just stupid, why on earth would they do this???
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

noonwitch
    I saw a repeat of Colbert's interview with Pat Buchanan, who is arguing that England should have let Hitler take the Sudentenland and Poland, because they were german territory and there was no way to defend them, anyways. He said that England should have drawn the line in the sand over France and the low countries, and let Hitler and Stalin fight it out over Eastern Europe.

Colbert's silly argument back was that without WWII, we wouldn't have invented the bomb, we wouldn't have been able to get the german rocket scientists to start our space program, and so on. But he was being silly, because that's the nature of his show.

I would have pointed out to Pat that by 1939 (the year he was using as a point of reference), Hitler was already having the mentally and physically handicapped murdered with truck exhaust. He was already moving against the jews, making it so they couldn't go to public places and forcing them to wear the star.

Pat's argument is an interesting one, but it's easy to criticize in retrospect. Isn't he a bit of a Holocaust denier, too? He didn't go there on the show, but I've heard that about him before.

People who deny the Holocaust really annoy me. I live in a metropolitan area that has elderly people who have the numbers from the camps burned on their arms, people who both suffered through and witnessed the atrocities. I had a great aunt who worked for the underground in Slovenia-I never met her, but I met her daughter (after Tito kicked she and her husband out of the country), who remembered the war clearly, the way children remember traumas like that. Every high school history book has the Life photos of the survivors in the camps being liberated, and the ovens and the piles of bodies waiting to be burned. They didn't have photoshop in 1945, those photos are real, as are the accounts of the american, british and canadian soldiers who liberated the camps in western Europe.

I hope the ghosts of Anne Frank and the other 6 million haunt David Irving's dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

People who deny the Holocaust really annoy me. I live in a metropolitan area that has elderly people who have the numbers from the camps burned on their arms, people who both suffered through and witnessed the atrocities. I had a great aunt who worked for the underground in Slovenia-I never met her, but I met her daughter (after Tito kicked she and her husband out of the country), who remembered the war clearly, the way children remember traumas like that. Every high school history book has the Life photos of the survivors in the camps being liberated, and the ovens and the piles of bodies waiting to be burned. They didn't have photoshop in 1945, those photos are real, as are the accounts of the american, british and canadian soldiers who liberated the camps in western Europe.

I hope the ghosts of Anne Frank and the other 6 million haunt David Irving's dreams.
    This is something that has been growing, especially on the far left. I am not surprised that a university is sponsoring this kind of garbage; it's part of a pro-Palestianian ideology. If the Holocaust can be denied, then there is no reason for Israel to exist.