Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Wow, but you're on a tear today. First, given the nature of the controversy, it's unlikely that the caller was a "hillbilly" or any other less than subtle epithet for an opponent of gay marriage. It's far more likely that it was a gay marriage supporter who called it in. Also, the "White Trash Temple" is an amusing comment, in that it presumes a certain elistis disdain for people whose ancestors came over in steamships, rather than leaky wooden tubs. Steerage is still steerage, no matter what century, and your ancestor's accomplishments don't tell us anything about you, personally, but your incessant riding of their coattails does.
    Bam!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    God said so. Don't be unequally yoked and don't hang out with different folk.
    You need to understand the meaning of that bit of scripture before you use it...

    Just a suggestion.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Also, the "White Trash Temple" is an amusing comment, in that it presumes a certain elistis disdain for people whose ancestors came over in steamships, rather than leaky wooden tubs.
    White-trash is not an ethnic subgroup of caucasian, it's a deliberate choice. Granted, one can be raised as white-trash but in today's world it would be hard to not realize that most people don't have junk cars in the front yard and an entire family with criminal records.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    White-trash is not an ethnic subgroup of caucasian, it's a deliberate choice. Granted, one can be raised as white-trash but in today's world it would be hard to not realize that most people don't have junk cars in the front yard and an entire family with criminal records.
    It is still an elitist and bigoted term to use.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It is still an elitist and bigoted term to use.
    It's also racist, don't forget racist. It's an insult to blacks (or Canadians as they are known around here) when you think about it- but since it's free speech then it's OK, right?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member TVDOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    White-trash is not an ethnic subgroup of caucasian, it's a deliberate choice. Granted, one can be raised as white-trash but in today's world it would be hard to not realize that most people don't have junk cars in the front yard and an entire family with criminal records.
    Well......let me put it to you this way......I noted your bigoted and racist post on the Michelle Malkin thread, a worse post I've never seen before here. On another board and in another time, I'd have banned you on the spot.

    My wife and I both enjoy CFL occasionally, and we both come from humble roots.......farmers......that said, I'd be willing to bet you a substantial sum that I have significantly more education than you do, and before I retired, I likely earned more in a week than you do in a year.......if that makes me "white trash", I'll wear that title as a badge of honor.......

    I suspect that the old adage about people, rocks, and glass houses applies......if you continue to impune folks backgrounds and means here, don't be surprised if the "faggot" expression rears its ugly head.........

    doc
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    You need to understand the meaning of that bit of scripture before you use it...

    Just a suggestion.
    No I don't. When you agree with the straight read then it's the "100 percint akkeritt word of God" and when you don't then you "need to understand it" or interpret it. It's bullshit. The Bible is a wonderful artifact and book of Asian folk history, laws, and stories.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Well......let me put it to you this way......I noted your bigoted and racist post on the Michelle Malkin thread, a worse post I've never seen before here. On another board and in another time, I'd have banned you on the spot.

    My wife and I both enjoy CFL occasionally, and we both come from humble roots.......farmers......that said, I'd be willing to bet you a substantial sum that I have significantly more education than you do, and before I retired, I likely earned more in a week than you do in a year.......if that makes me "white trash", I'll wear that title as a badge of honor.......

    I suspect that the old adage about people, rocks, and glass houses applies......if you continue to impune folks backgrounds and means here, don't be surprised if the "faggot" expression rears its ugly head.........

    doc
    If the shoe fits wear it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It's also racist, don't forget racist. It's an insult to blacks (or Canadians as they are known around here) when you think about it- but since it's free speech then it's OK, right?
    It's ok by me. I have no intention of stifling someones right to speak their mind. Personally I try to maintain some standards and not insult the individual but rather I attack the point of view I disagree with. I am not perfect at this, but I do try.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member TVDOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If the shoe fits wear it.
    I'd suggest that this applies to you as well.......too much starch in your tights today? Dry cleaner lose your toutou?

    Just because people decided that they agree with CFL management, and stage an imprompu demonstration of that fact, which destroys the homosexual agenda specifically, and in general makes liberals look stupid, and makes this tiny, insignificant minority angry, you decide to besmirch people that you don't even know.

    You are aware that you and your ilk are not doing your cause any good? Tantrums like yours today just convince the rest of us to further sequester homosexuals in our opinions and actions, and become just as militant as you to resist your objectives.

    Not smart.....

    As an aside, since you asked upthread, "threatening" to place a bomb in a public place, whether or not the threat is real, is a felony under the Patriot Act.......it's called domestic terrorism, and the minimum sentence is ten years in "club fed"......just so you know.

    doc
    Last edited by TVDOC; 08-02-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •