Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    White-trash is not an ethnic subgroup of caucasian, it's a deliberate choice. Granted, one can be raised as white-trash but in today's world it would be hard to not realize that most people don't have junk cars in the front yard and an entire family with criminal records.
    There are quite a few people whose wealth and privilege guarantee that they won't have a junked car in the front yard, but thanks to the left, millions of people from affluent backgrounds have criminal records. In fact, OWS is pretty much a repository for such persons. Throw in the trashed parks and you basically have people reverting to trash despite having been raised to know better. In your case, the junker isn't the car that you don't have on your lawn, but the hatred in your soul that you feel for those who don't slavishly pay homage to your lifestyle. The head of CFL doesn't believe in gay marriage. So? That doesn't make him a bigot, it makes him someone who disagrees with you on a contentious social issue that your own activists swore up and down wasn't on their agenda just a few years ago. Was Obama a bigot when he spoke out against gay marriage during the 2008 campaign? Was Bill Clinton when he signed the Defense of Marriage Act? There's enough real bigotry in the world without you having to invent new categories for it. In another thread, I saw a viciously bigoted post from someone who apparently has a real problem with Fillipinas, and who really ought to consider the adage about glass houses. And speaking of which...

I wasn't quoting the Bible you idiot, I was mocking it.
    You may want to avoid calling others bigots as you viciously mock their beliefs.

What loss? I got to amuse myself at the expense of right wing morons. Here's a funny story: I went to Chik Fil A yesterday to see if anyone in Pie-Nellas Park showed up for the event. It wasn't record breaking, in fact from the highway I wasn't sure it wasn't just a normal rush hour. But up close, clearly something was going on, and the line to order was looping the building. Some guy wanted to back out a parking space, so I looked behind me, and backed up about four feet towards the SUV behind me. When Felicia Fundie saw me do that, she backed up too: right into the car behind her. A couple of minutes later, I was in a position to cause gridlock, which I gleefully did, causing some person who had just bought her bag of Christian victuals to become quite nasty towards me. After another couple of minutes, I wrapped up my conversation with my mother on the phone and left. It was OK for grins but not worth a major time investment.
    So, you caused an accident, tied up traffic and generally made a nuisance of yourself in order to be cruel to people whose sole offense was ordering chicken from a restaurant that you disdain? Clearly, you didn't go far enough in your attack on the non-violent protest that you were attempting to interfere with. Perhaps you can take a page out of a previous generation of Democrats' anti-protest playbook and break out the fire hoses and dogs. Congratulations, Nova, you've finally found a parallel with the Civil Rights Movement. You're becoming the new Bull Connor.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

So, you caused an accident, .
    GO back and read my post. I didn't cause an accident. I backed up safely and came to a full stop. Raylene took it upon herself to back into the car behind her, because the idiot who had waited in line for an hour to get a chicken crap sandwich was grumpy and wanted to back his truck out of his parking space. I allowed him to do that. Raylene didn't have to back up and into the car behind her, she was just careless.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    ......... people whose sole offense was ordering chicken from a restaurant that you disdain? .
    If you think those people waited over an hour for food from CFA just because they wanted to eat, then you are an idiot. It would be interesting to know how many of them believe in a worldwide communist Jewish banking conspiracy.

If you think those people waited over an hour for food from CFA just because they wanted to eat, then you are an idiot. It would be interesting to know how many of them believe in a worldwide communist Jewish banking conspiracy.
    What bothers you more about this Nova...that millions of people turned out to show their support...blowing open the left theory that the majority of Americans support gay marriage...or the realization yet again of jsut how much in the minority you and your closely held beliefs really are?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

GO back and read my post. I didn't cause an accident. I backed up safely and came to a full stop. Raylene took it upon herself to back into the car behind her, because the idiot who had waited in line for an hour to get a chicken crap sandwich was grumpy and wanted to back his truck out of his parking space. I allowed him to do that. Raylene didn't have to back up and into the car behind her, she was just careless.
    Careless, or trying to accommodate you? From your post:

Some guy wanted to back out a parking space, so I looked behind me, and backed up about four feet towards the SUV behind me. When Felicia Fundie saw me do that, she backed up too: right into the car behind her. A couple of minutes later, I was in a position to cause gridlock, which I gleefully did, causing some person who had just bought her bag of Christian victuals to become quite nasty towards me. After another couple of minutes, I wrapped up my conversation with my mother on the phone and left. It was OK for grins but not worth a major time investment.
    So, you backed up, she backed up, and somebody behind her didn't, or moved forward (you have no way of knowing). Whether you caused the accident or not (and we don't know, although from your tone, you were quite proud of it until called on it), you certainly enjoyed the result. And, by your own admission, you sat there chatting on your cell phone while you blocked traffic. I stand by my assessment that you were being a jackass.

If you think those people waited over an hour for food from CFA just because they wanted to eat, then you are an idiot.
    I didn't say why they ordered the food, only that they did so, and that you considered that justification for causing a traffic jam and being a general douche. Frankly, I suspect that most of them were more concerned about free speech and bullying than about gay marriage, but since you're on the side of the bullies, you can't see that.

It would be interesting to know how many of them believe in a worldwide communist Jewish banking conspiracy.
    Probably very few. That's more of an OWS talking point. See below, and thanks for playing.

--Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

If you think those people waited over an hour for food from CFA just because they wanted to eat, then you are an idiot.
    And if you think they waited because gay marriage was the issue then you are an idiot.
    Be Not Afraid.

It's childish.
    Then so is the belief that a person is born gay.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Then so is the belief that a person is born gay.
    Some are. Some are sucked into it.
    --Odysseus