Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    A few observations:

• Smith refers to having shown up at CFA to talk to Rachel again, and said that she refused to see him. Does that constitute stalking? Where's the restraining order?
    • Smith claimed that Vante had received death threats against employees. If so, there clearly would have been police reports filed, as such threats constitute criminal acts. If that had happened, the media would have been all over it, and we'd be seeing headlines about antigay hatemongers threatening Vante's innocent employees. NBC or one of their affiliates would have presented an edited version of Smith's video, without the gutter language, and followed it up with audio of the death threats from the voice mails at Vante, if they existed. So, where's the media report? Sounds like a video bouncy to me.
    • Smith seems to be sorry that he lost his job, but he doesn't really seem to be very sorry for his actions. He makes a number of excuses and continues to claim that CFA brought it on by not toeing his approved line on gay marriage. That's not remorse, it's calculation.
    • Smith's voice and mannerisms seem a bit... shall we say, effeminate. He claimed to be straight in his video bullying, but the more that I see of this guy, the less I believe it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    • Smith's voice and mannerisms seem a bit... shall we say, effeminate. He claimed to be straight in his video bullying, but the more that I see of this guy, the less I believe it.
    Well news reports I've read about this so-called apology, and some of them even go as far as saying it seemed disingenuous, stated he had a "Wife and children".

But it does seem like he does go out of the way to make it clear. "No gay in him". As if he's ether afraid some one might think he's gay. Or he's trying to re-assure him self he's not.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Well news reports I've read about this so-called apology, and some of them even go as far as saying it seemed disingenuous, stated he had a "Wife and children".

But it does seem like he does go out of the way to make it clear. "No gay in him". As if he's ether afraid some one might think he's gay. Or he's trying to re-assure him self he's not.
    He's queer as a three dollar bill. He's fairly good at hiding his lisp, but it's there. If not gay, he has some effeminate qualities. I watched him "apologize" and it seemed contrived. His eyes were darting toward his visual creation corner where he dug up what he thought was an awesome apology. Still, if he is remorseful, it was big of him to attempt the apology.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    He's queer as a three dollar bill. He's fairly good at hiding his lisp, but it's there. If not gay, he has some effeminate qualities. I watched him "apologize" and it seemed contrived. His eyes were darting toward his visual creation corner where he dug up what he thought was an awesome apology. Still, if he is remorseful, it was big of him to attempt the apology.
    I think he's bi and in a big way and he's trying to convince him self he there is no gay in him when there is. Why in two videos go to length to cover it?

Far as remorseful? I don't think so. I think he's more remorseful the entire world has turned on his "Moment of purpose". He's seen the late night comedians mock him. As well as read the web.
    Rest In Peace America

I found this today:

“That message: We’re sick and tired of being bullied — forced to adopt speech codes and politically correct policies and practices insisted upon by activist elites and lefty pols,” the Post wrote.

“Galvanized by social media (which the Left once thought it owned),” the editorial said, “they lined up for blocks all across the country to buy sandwiches at Chick-fil-A restaurants, intending to make their point quietly, politely — while taking care to bag their trash as they left. (Unlike some protestors we could name.)”

“Chick-fil-A sales set an all-time record . . . Take that, Orthodoxy Enforcers!”
    Even across the border, editorial pages weighed in. The Globe and Mail of Toronto, Canada compared the Chick-fil-A uproar to the Boston Tea Party. “. . . the United States has found ways to turn common pantry items and luncheon meats into polarizing touchstones,” the paper wrote. “As always, the real issue is personal freedom.”

“Odd as it seems,” the Globe and Mail wrote, “there is a shared underlying theme to these American food wars. For the British subjects of pre-revolutionary Boston, the issue was the right to be taxed only by their elected representatives, not by the Parliament across the sea. For people on both sides of the Chick-fil-A war, which may not achieve the historical resonance of the Boston Tea Party, the issue is the right to live your beliefs without fear of sanction or discrimination…These are fundamental American values.”

And Linda Devore, writing in an op-ed in the Fayetteville Observer of North Carolina, said disagreeing with gay marriage doesn’t equate to hate speech.
    “We all prefer to live in a world where offensive words and conduct are discouraged, but increasingly it seems that merely speaking the truth of one's beliefs is being labeled ‘hate speech’ by those looking for an offense,” Devore wrote. “Cathy's words and support of organizations promoting traditional family values don't even come close. He is a soft-spoken man who knows what he believes, and understands that others may disagree and live their lives otherwise,” she wrote, referring to Cathy.
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ore...o_code=FAA9-1#I linked it to FB and suggested that all read it to a liberal.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Lifestyle Fascist Adam Smith Also Obama2012 Donor

Telegraph:
    An Adam Smith of Tuscon, Arizona, donated $250 to Obama For America on May 10, 2012. This Smith listed his address as “Engineering and Research Associates Inc.” Engineering and Research Associates Inc. is the full business title of Vante. Is America’s most unpleasant Chick-fil-A customer also an Obama supporter? It’s interesting to note that the FEC records the donation as coming in on May 10 – that's one day after the President issued his formal support for gay marriage on May 9.

Rest In Peace America

Lifestyle Fascist Adam Smith Also Obama2012 Donor

Telegraph:

Hell, I knew this douchebag was an Obumbles supporter about 30 seconds into his pathetic little video.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Hell, I knew this douchebag was an Obumbles supporter about 30 seconds into his pathetic little video.
    No shit. That was plainly obvious. Anyone who is that big of an intentional asshole has to be an Obama supporter.

When's the last time some conservative rolled up to some JCPenney cashier and gave her unmitigated shit about the company she works for? Never, that's when.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Maybe you guys are missing a bit of the point.

"the donation as coming in on May 10 – that's one day after the President issued his formal support for gay marriage on May 9."

Remember, "No gay in me!"

Funny how fast that money came forward as soon as Obama's fake support for gays.
    Rest In Peace America

Maybe you guys are missing a bit of the point.

"the donation as coming in on May 10 – that's one day after the President issued his formal support for gay marriage on May 9."

Remember, "No gay in me!"

Funny how fast that money came forward as soon as Obama's fake support for gays.
    That's a good catch. Obama comes out, then the wallet comes out. Can this guy's coming out be far behind?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!