1. #1 Turning off the Olympics..... 
    2Design (8,831 posts)

Rant - all the political ads during the olympics have caused me to finally turn it off

I get so aggravated that there are people who will vote for the republicans. I can not understand. But they do it anyway. Marco Rubio is a child who has no clue about this country or this democracy - they spew the same crap - they don't understand their policies and plans are ruining everything for everyone

The low wages - from lack of unions and people fighting for the workers
    cutting everything at fed level meant the state level doesn't have money

the only thing that has trickled down is poverty

They are inconceivable and many adjectives I can not put here
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021064639

Poor baby. Too much hate to type!

quinnox (12,510 posts)

1. join the club, except just the fact it was

the Olympics was enough for me to not want to watch it. I guess the patriotism shtick doesn't do much for me, I can't cheer for the USA like some kind of cheerleader. It is a big bore to me.
    Why do DUmmies hate the USA?

The only political ads I keep seeing are either straight up Obama ads or anti-Romney ads. After all, it is is NBC.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I just thank the good Lord that the Dewhurst/Cruz ads are gone for now. 20-30 per hour continuously for 30 days or more.....
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The only political ads I keep seeing are either straight up Obama ads or anti-Romney ads. After all, it is is NBC.
    That is why I have not watched one second of the Olympics...I don't need to see the "Move Forward" ads inspired by the old MSNBC...

I didn't like it at first, so now I just change the channel for two minutes. Working pretty well thus far
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

My brother and his kids were visiting this weekend and we watched the Olympics most of the time, except for the 2 hours on Saturday that his oldest and I insisted on watching the Dr. Who specials on BBC America. I really didn't see that many political ads, at least for the presidential race. Our millage votes and congressional primaries are tomorrow, so there were lots of ads for those races and for the DIA millage. The race with the most ads I saw was the GOP primary for the Senate race, to attempt to unseat Debbie Stabenow. Peter Hoekstra and Clark Durandt are really going at it, too. I think Debbie will be re-elected, because of the support she will get in the two most populated counties.

Power CUer
    We have lots and lots of old movies on the DVR. We're all set.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021064639

Poor baby. Too much hate to type!

Why do DUmmies hate the USA?
    Simply because Conservatives love the USA. In their tiny brains, they cannot embrace what their mortal enemies adore.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand