Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I just don't get it. What benefit would there be in having gay scout masters?
    Better access to what turns them on.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Better access to what turns them on.
    I meant: what is the benefit to the BSUSA or to the young men who belong to the organization?

Can we also endeavor not to fall prey to the idiocy that gay men are predators looking to molest boys and teens?

I meant: what is the benefit to the BSUSA or to the young men who belong to the organization?
    Too easy...the answer is it doesn't benefit them.

Can we also endeavor not to fall prey to the idiocy that gay men are predators looking to molest boys and teens?
    Not idiocy.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned

Not idiocy.
    Can you back that claim up with any evidence or is it merely an assumption?

Well anyone that sleeps with a member of their own sex will stoop to younger men if the chance arose.

One thing you'll learn about me here...I don't make wild statements I can't back up.

Boy Scout files reveal repeat child abuse by sexual predators

Los Angeles Times review of Boy Scout documents shows that a blacklist meant to protect boys from sexual predators too often failed in its mission.

For nearly a century, the Boy Scouts of America has relied on a confidential blacklist known as the "perversion files" as a crucial line of defense against sexual predators.

Scouting officials say they've used the files to prevent hundreds of men who had been expelled for alleged sexual abuse from returning to the ranks. They've fought hard in court to keep the records from public view, saying confidentiality was needed to protect victims, witnesses and anyone falsely accused.

"It is a fact that Scouts are safer because the barrier created by these files is real," Scouts Chief Executive Robert Mazzuca said in video posted on the organization's website in June.

That barrier, however, has been breached repeatedly.

A Los Angeles Times review of more than 1,200 files dating from 1970 to 1991 found more than 125 cases across the country in which men allegedly continued to molest Scouts after the organization was first presented with detailed allegations of abusive behavior.

Predators slipped back into the program by falsifying personal information or skirting the registration process. Others were able to jump from troop to troop around the country thanks to clerical errors, computer glitches or the Scouts' failure to check the blacklist.

In some cases, officials failed to document reports of abuse in the first place, letting offenders stay in the organization until new allegations surfaced. In others, officials documented abuse but merely suspended the accused leader or allowed him to continue working with boys while on "probation."

In at least 50 cases, the Boy Scouts expelled suspected abusers, only to discover later that they had reentered the program and were accused of molesting again.

One scoutmaster was expelled in 1970 for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy in Indiana. Even after being convicted of the crime, he went on to join two troops in Illinois between 1971 and 1988. He later admitted to molesting more than 100 boys, was convicted of the sexual assault of a Scout in 1989 and was sentenced to 100 years in prison, according to his file and court records.

In 1991, a Scout leader convicted of abusing a boy in Minnesota returned to his old troop right after getting out of jail.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5822319.story

You were saying?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Well anyone that sleeps with a member of their own sex will stoop to younger men if the chance arose.
    What an incredibly erudite and consequent argument.

Banned
    One thing you'll learn about me here...I don't make wild statements I can't back up.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5822319.story

You were saying?
    I see an article about sexual abuse, true, but not one that builds a case that gay=pedophile. In fact, I'll wager that the vast majority of the men referenced in this story are or were married men with children. Now, I'm no expert, but I'm fairly confident that if you're sleeping with women that kinda disqualifies you from being gay.

I just don't get it. What benefit would there be in having gay scout masters?
    How odd, Mr. Thorn types like a short person, kind of reminds me of another short person we had here.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    How odd, Mr. Thorn types like a short person, kind of reminds me of another short person we had here.
    Interesting. How exactly do short people type?