Thread: 'Real' Unemployment Rate Shows Far More Jobless

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 'Real' Unemployment Rate Shows Far More Jobless 
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809


    'Real' Unemployment Rate Shows Far More Jobless

    While the national unemployment rate paints a grim picture, a look at individual states and their so-called real jobless rates becomes even more troubling.

    The government's most widely publicized unemployment rate measures only those who are out of a job and currently looking for work. It does not count discouraged potential employees who have quit looking, nor those who are underemployed — wanting to work full-time but forced to work part-time.

    For that count, the government releases a separate number called the "U-6," which provides a more complete tally of how many people really are out of work.

    The numbers in some cases are startling.

    Consider: Nevada's U-6 rate is 22.1 percent, up from just 7.6 percent in 2007. Economically troubled California has a 20.3 percent real rate, while Rhode Island is at 18.3 percent, more than double its 8.3 percent rate in 2007.

    Those numbers compare especially unfavorably to the national rate, high in itself at 14.9 percent though off its record peak of 17.2 percent in October 2009.

    Only three states — Nebraska (9.1 percent), South Dakota (8.6 percent) and North Dakota (6.1 percent) — have U-6 rates under 10 percent, according to research from RBC Capital Markets.

    Election battleground states paint a picture not much more flattering. Florida's U-6 number is an ugly 17 percent, though Pennsylvania and Ohio are both around 14 percent, below the national U-6 average.

    MORE@CNBC

    Barry's mission wasn't to help the economy; it was to destroy it.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Yqj...feature=relmfu

    June 8, 2012

    "The private sectors doing fine."

    Apparently the left in this country see the destruction of the USA as a positive thing.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,046
    I am hearing pre-reports that the unemployment rate is at 8.3% now. It went up .1% from last month. I find that funny, mostly because obama claims that his policies are working, and the private sector is doing fine. It is government employment that is hurting. Didn't he just hire over 200,000 IRS agents to over see the obamacare payments? He is a such a douchebag...

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I am hearing pre-reports that the unemployment rate is at 8.3% now. It went up .1% from last month. I find that funny, mostly because obama claims that his policies are working, and the private sector is doing fine. It is government employment that is hurting. Didn't he just hire over 200,000 IRS agents to over see the obamacare payments? He is a such a douchebag...
    They (the government) have trained us to look at the unemployment figures and look no further. The press, I think does only a mediocre job of looking further, and usually only hints that, "Well, it could be actually higher"..



    I like this chart. In a country now with about 311 million people, a guess would be that 150 million jobs are needed. But, really, all you can do is make an educated guess. Some families are large, some small, some need two jobs; some one; some, no job at all.

    In 2000, there were 275 million people and 132 million jobs, and that year things were pretty good, so that's where my 150 million figure comes from for 311 million people.

    The bottom line is, we are 18 million jobs short of making the country re-enter the land of annual pay raises and spare cash for the majority.
    They would rather you did not realize that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    They (the government) have trained us to look at the unemployment figures and look no further. The press, I think does only a mediocre job of looking further, and usually only hints that, "Well, it could be actually higher"..



    I like this chart. In a country now with about 311 million people, a guess would be that 150 million jobs are needed. But, really, all you can do is make an educated guess. Some families are large, some small, some need two jobs; some one; some, no job at all.

    In 2000, there were 275 million people and 132 million jobs, and that year things were pretty good, so that's where my 150 million figure comes from for 311 million people.

    The bottom line is, we are 18 million jobs short of making the country re-enter the land of annual pay raises and spare cash for the majority.
    They would rather you did not realize that.
    Yeah, when you add the people who gave up looking for work, or used up their 99 weeks of unemployment. It is higher than 8.3%. That is the only way it went down from 9%. All the people who stopped looking.

    I been saying for months that they need to show the 'TRUE' unemployment rate. And not this fudged number BS.
    Last edited by LukeEDay; 08-03-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Spelling ...

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,319
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I am hearing pre-reports that the unemployment rate is at 8.3% now. It went up .1% from last month. I find that funny, mostly because obama claims that his policies are working, and the private sector is doing fine. It is government employment that is hurting. Didn't he just hire over 200,000 IRS agents to over see the obamacare payments? He is a such a douchebag...
    Wow, the unemployment rate is going to increase during the summer jobs season. Yeah Barack, it's working.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,089
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    He is a such a douchebag...
    A douchebag is reusable, I'm thinking disposable douche, we used this one already and it's time to toss it and get out a fresh one!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,089
    Bumping for freshness.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A douchebag is reusable, I'm thinking disposable douche, we used this one already and it's time to toss it and get out a fresh one!
    Now that is funny right there. lol

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •