1. #1 Mainstream Media Blacks Out Chick-fil-A Story? 
    Wednesday was Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, and Americans flocked to the fast food restaurant in response to criticism of COO Dan Cathy's opposition to same-sex marriage (as well as threats from the mayors of some major cities). The photos of long lines and traffic jams reveal the extent of the restaurant's support--for some it's about traditional values and for others it's about freedom of religious exercise and speech in the face of government intimidation. There are even rumors that Chick-fil-A set a new world record for sales in a single day, though the company has yet to release any sales numbers.
    But you wouldn't know anything about the national phenomenon by reading the front pages of most of the country's leading newspapers. There's no mention of Chick-fil-A on the front pages of the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, the Los Angeles Times, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, and the Boston Globe. The front pages of USA Today, the Dallas Morning News, and the Houston Chronicle have small headlines about the restaurant, while Chick-fil-A's hometown paper, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, fits in a story below the fold under the heading, "Chick-fil-A Controversy." And the front pages of major news websites are quiet in their coverage as well.

Inside some of those papers, the coverage is still relatively scant. The L.A. Times has a news story, while the New York Times has an op-ed from the gay dean at the Georgia Tech business school encouraging Americans to let Chick-fil-A "fly free." The Washington Post ran a photograph, but no story.

The Newseum's collection of the top ten newspaper covers from around the country seems to recognize the biggest national news story of the day. The papers covering the story aren't just located in the South, Chick-fil-A's regional base; smaller papers from Colorado, Ohio, New York, and California were all over the story.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ry_649234.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    It's not true that the Washington Post didn't run a story. It was in both the print edition and online:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...TMPX_blog.html

There was a photo in the print edition, and a series of photos online. I can't speak for the other papers, but the Standard is wrong about the Post.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Lindanumbers I guess you had to jump to protect your gay brothers and sisters so thats what you posted this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Lindanumbers I guess those words MOST MAJOR PAPERS, just flew over your head? But you had to jump to protect your gay brothers and sisters
    The Washington Post is mentioned in the Weekly Standard's article as a paper that didn't run a story on Chick-fil-A Appreciation day. Linda was pointing out the error. Although the article clears states that the newspapers didn't run a story on their front page and I don't have a clue as to what page the WaPo article was on.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's not true that the Washington Post didn't run a story. It was in both the print edition and online:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...TMPX_blog.html

There was a photo in the print edition, and a series of photos online. I can't speak for the other papers, but the Standard is wrong about the Post.
    Uh, what page did the WAPO run the story on?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

You will more coverage of the gay kiss-in than you will about the appreciation day. All the main papers are deep up obama's rectum.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

The headline on this thread said there was a blackout. The text said there was no mention on the front page. Numbers is right for the wrong reason.

That anyone thinks the media is not in bed with the Left is just lying to themselves.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    You will more coverage of the gay kiss-in than you will about the appreciation day. All the main papers are deep up obama's rectum.
    Interesting juxtaposition of phrases there.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The headline on this thread said there was a blackout. The text said there was no mention on the front page. Numbers is right for the wrong reason.

That anyone thinks the media is not in bed with the Left is just lying to themselves.
    What media bias [he asked with just a slight bit of sarcasm]?

http://twitchy.com/2012/08/03/media-...er-lapdog-rug/