Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Tolerance And Acceptance Liberal Style 

Did God help Gabrielle Douglas win?

Gabby Douglas is now officially a star. When she won the individual gold medal in women’s gymnastics in London Thursday, the breakout darling of the 2012 games, she immediately found herself a celebrity worthy of a cereal box. If her performance in the women’s individual all-around didn’t blow your mind, you cannot possibly have been paying attention. Yet after her victory, one of the first responses that truly resonated for me was from a colleague who noted, “I would like her more if she were not so, so, so into Jesus.” Which raises the question – what is Jesus going to do now for Gabby Douglas’ career?

Douglas isn’t exactly the only outspoken Christian in America – or even the only high-profile Christian athlete. So jam-packed is this year’s roster with them that Douglas didn’t even make the cut for the Christian Post’s “10 Christian Athletes to Watch.” But her newly minted status as a champion and her unguarded outspokenness about her faith are going to give her a new platform from which to preach. After her win Thursday, Douglas said, “I give all the glory to God. It’s kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to him and the blessings fall down on me.”

She’s a 16-year-old with both deep faith and profound gratitude, a girl who yesterday tweeted from the Psalms to her followers, “Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me” and Friday sent out a retweet from the Faith in God feed. And that clearly authentic image of a hardworking girl with strong values makes her a natural icon to her fellow Christians, just as it makes the somewhat less faithful uncomfortable.http://www.salon.com/2012/08/03/did_...e_douglas_win/
    God forbid someone use something for strength and guidance that doesn't involve drugs.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

When is the left going to boycott her?

God bless that girl. She did a great job this year, and deserves what she got.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    God forbid someone use something for strength and guidance that doesn't involve drugs.
    Silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Silliness.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Silliness.
    Yes, your argument against the Chik-Fil-A apreciation day and the people who participated in it is exactly that.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Silliness.
    So is believing someone is born gay.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    But the whole gig falls apart if it is a learned behavior.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Silliness.
    It's a fact. You get more respect from the left by being a drug addict than you do for being a person of faith. But you're a hypocritical douche so you wouldn't understand such things.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Or light, or aura, or some other mystical, made-up liberal hippy nonsense.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Even the guys who have been cited as "discovering" the "gay gene" have backed off and said homosexuality happens because of a person's environment (family, social exposure, etc.).