Thread: New York's tallest ,thanks to terrorists to light up green to honor Islam:

1. #1 New York's tallest ,thanks to terrorists, to light up green to honor Islam: 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    War of the centuries

Empire State Building,New York's tallest buildings,thanks to Islamic terrorists, to light up green to honor Islam:

This year Sept. 11 came right in the middle of Ramadan, the month of daylight fasting for Muslims. Booked to fly out of New York's JFK airport on the seventh anniversary of the tragedy, I could expect a business-as-usual tone, and why not: War in Iraq and economy troubles at home have drastically affected some of us, but many Americans have had seven fat years since the shock of 9/11.

With memories of horror fading, the Empire State Building—thanks to Islamic terrorists it moved up from third to first place in the list of Gotham's tallest buildings—is scheduled at the end of this month to light up green to honor Islam: Eid al-Fitr, the holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, begins in North America on the evening of Sept. 30.

The ESB's light-up is ironic but not evil. It merely means that Americans don't tend to be imprisoned in the past, as many in the Middle East are.

Many Muslim Shiites still stoke their anger about a dispute in 680 a.d. that led to the death of the man they claim was Islam's rightful leader. America's mediocre national memory can be an advantage when we keep no record of wrongs, but we need to understand those who do.

To many Muslims 9/11 was part of the yo-yo story line of the past 14 centuries. Their perspective begins with Islam's seventh-century advance in western Asia and northern Africa. Then came a Christian (using the word loosely) counterattack via the Crusades and in Spain. Centuries later came a Muslim counterattack through Constantinople and all the way to the walls of Vienna.

Meanwhile, Muslims were picking up eastern adherents in lands now called Pakistan, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, and Christians began a flanking movement through voyages of exploration and imperialism. Competition continued into the 20th century, when Christians garnered adherents in the Americas and Africa—but Allah gave Muslims an edge by giving them lots of oil (after Americans first made it into something of importance).

http://townhall.com/columnists/Marvi..._the_centuries
    Last edited by megimoo; 09-20-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Gosh, if we had just lit up the WTC green to honor Islam, too, Bin Laden and Co. would've never brought the towers down!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana